Hello Guest

LWJGL 3 GUI / nanoVG

• 9 Replies
LWJGL 3 GUI / nanoVG
« on: December 20, 2015, 14:18:39 »
Hello there,
im quite new to LWJGL and started with silvertigers tutorial (https://github.com/SilverTiger/lwjgl3-tutorial), which helped me a lot setting up a game-project.
Before continuing with my project, i need/want to know how my GUI will work.
After looking for quite a while i realised, that there is currently no GUI-solution i can use with LWJGL3.
Maybe i just didn't see it.

So here's my Question: How do you guys do your GUI?
Do you use any available library? Did you have implement the GUI from scratch on your own?
What about those Lib's that worked for LWJGL 2? (Nifty, TWL, etc.) Is any of those compatible with the current LWJGL version?

I am prepared to implement it on my own if i need to, however i'd like to know if there is a working solution.

Also: LWJGL3 got nanoVG recently and i would like to learn it and integrate it in my existing project. Are there tutorials or examples available for it?
I just need to know where/ how to start.

I hope you guys can help me.

Greetings,
Error07
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 14:27:25 by Error07 »

Offline Cornix

Re: LWJGL 3 GUI / nanoVG
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 15:23:15 »
I dont know of any GUI library that currently works with LWJGL3 although I wouldnt say there is none. As far as I know LibGDX has some kind of build in GUI functionality and it uses LWJGL under the hood so perhaps you could make it work with your project.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 16:36:22 »
Thank you! i will check it out :)

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 16:41:18 »
Also: LWJGL3 got nanoVG recently and i would like to learn it and integrate it in my existing project. Are there tutorials or examples available for it?

The LWJGL 3 repository has simple demos for most APIs, including demos for NanoVG.

Offline elect

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 15:49:57 »
Hi,

I wanted to give a look to that binding.

I cloned lwjgl and built it (netbeans and gradle plugin), but I can't see any src

What am I doing wrong?

Kai

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 17:00:36 »
I think there currently are no preconfigured project files for Netbeans. But it'd be great if you could provide some!

The source folders for a successful IDE-build are the following:
- modules/core/src/generated/java
- modules/core/src/main/java
- modules/core/src/test/java (exclude package org/lwjgl/demo/ovr)

Necessary jars/folders of the buildpath are:
- libs/testng.jar
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 18:35:41 by Kai »

Offline SilverTiger

• がんばってください!
    • SilverTiger Development
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 18:30:29 »
I think there currently are no preconfigured project files for Netbeans. But it'd be great if you could provide some!

There are preconfigured project files for Netbeans.
The issue here is, you need to create a Java project instead of a Gradle project. It will then use the ant script for building.

Kai

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 18:36:39 »
Oh sorry, you're right! And you even provided them. :) Could've just looked..  :-\

Offline elect

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 07:02:45 »
There are preconfigured project files for Netbeans.
The issue here is, you need to create a Java project instead of a Gradle project. It will then use the ant script for building.

Ok, I opened it from there using ant, but now I get this, http://i.imgur.com/Tp1NwmN.png

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 07:20:33 »
You should run ant first, it will download any dependencies that are missing. From the command line on Windows:

- Make sure JAVA_HOME points to a JDK 8.
- Run Visual Studio's "vcvarsall.bat". If the JDK is 64-bit, use "vcvarsall x64", otherwise "vcvarsall x86". Visual Studio Community 2015 is the recommended version.
- Run "ant".

The above should build everything and run the LWJGL tests. Then you should be able to set everything up in Netbeans (except Kotlin, for which there's no plugin yet afaik).