Hello Guest

Wiki tutorials

• 8 Replies
Wiki tutorials
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:27:28 »
Hi all,
If anyone wants a particular topic covered regarding OpenGL covered in the wiki, post them below and I'll try my best to write about them.

The wiki now covers using shaders, using VBOs, speedyVBO and using FBO.

DP :)

hmmmmmm...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 13:55:49 »
The wiki now covers using shaders, using VBOs, speedyVBO and using FBO.

Nice 8)
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

Wiki tutorials
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 14:57:11 »
and it now also covers texture compression...

Keep the ideas coming :)

Wiki tutorials
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 11:44:59 »
Vertex Arrays, hardware mipmap generation extension, ansitropic filtering, antialisasing, texture parameters showing how to do point/bilinear/trilinear filtering, rendering to a texture... Texture combiners...

Wiki tutorials
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 11:46:18 »
shadow mapping and shadow volumes

Wiki tutorials
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 11:56:12 »
I think shadow mapping and shadow volumes are outside the scope of the wiki bgilb. They are nice effects and all, but the wiki is strictly focusing on OpenGL related matters. Vertex Buffer Objects, Vertex Arrays and such is the aim..

DP

Wiki tutorials
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 13:11:51 »
Why not? We would need some articles when the wiki goes online with the new layout. So why not?

Wiki tutorials
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 15:10:55 »
Theres a new wiki layout? I didn't know about that....

Im not saying im not going to write anything, im just saying im keeping it very tightly linked with OpenGL. Ive added quite 3 tutorials in the past few days and have plans for some more; lets hope those tutorials dont go missing when you switch over to the new layout :)

DP

Wiki tutorials
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 15:32:53 »
Normally they won't vanish by switching the layout template. I have some errors left. When I fixed them matzon will get it and can take last look over it. And if everything is ok, he can set it up, else I have to do the changes ;)