Set/get used gpu

Started by bene_2808, December 29, 2016, 12:34:17

Previous topic - Next topic

bene_2808

Hi Forum,

I'm using LWJGL3 with OpenGL in Eclipse for a game. My laptop has an integrated graphics processor (Intel(R) HD Graphics 620) and a "normal" gpu (NVIDIA GeForce 940MX). Now I'm quite sure that the chip is used although the graphics card is of course much better and most of all needed for the game.
For exe files I can change the used gpu.

But how can I change it for my Java application in Eclipse? ??? Or how can I even query for sure which one is used and maybe change it in the code?

My laptop is Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-575G-59DA). I already read that changing a setting in the bios makes the laptop always use the graphics card but if I remember right, there was no such setting for my computer...

Thx for your help :)

spasi

bene_2808

Thx :)

Ok now it works but surprisingly I get a worse result with the graphics card for a relatively simple scene (areas, simple shader, textures): 60fps. Whereas the integrated gpu has ~150fps. Is the data transport slower for the onboard graphics card or what is it?  ???

spasi

Maybe the defaults for vsync are different? Try calling glfwSwapInterval(0). Also check the Nvidia driver settings, vsync may be forced there.

bene_2808

Yeah worked! ;D Could have thought of sth like that, thank you! :)