Hello Guest

Creating GLFW window within JUnit Test

• 2 Replies
Creating GLFW window within JUnit Test
« on: May 12, 2016, 01:59:36 »
I have created a JUnit test and inside the test I am create a window with GLFW. When this test runs on windows it run just fine, however when I try to on it on osx GLFW throws an exception.
I was getting the same exception when I was trying to run the application but adding applicationDefaultJvmArgs = ["-XstartOnFirstThread"] to the build.gradle fixed that issue, i tried adding this argument to the test task in gradle but it did not help. Any ideas?

Code: [Select]
//from build.gradle
test {
jvmArgs = ["-XstartOnFirstThread"]
}

Code: [Select]
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1248)
at com.zs.core.manager.WindowManagerTests.GLFW_createWindowTest(WindowManagerTests.java:25)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.testing.junit.JUnitTestClassExecuter.runTestClass(JUnitTestClassExecuter.java:112)
at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.testing.junit.JUnitTestClassExecuter.execute(JUnitTestClassExecuter.java:56)
at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.testing.junit.JUnitTestClassProcessor.processTestClass(JUnitTestClassProcessor.java:66)
at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.testing.SuiteTestClassProcessor.processTestClass(SuiteTestClassProcessor.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:35)
at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:24)
at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ContextClassLoaderDispatch.dispatch(ContextClassLoaderDispatch.java:32)
at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ProxyDispatchAdapter$DispatchingInvocationHandler.invoke(ProxyDispatchAdapter.java:93)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy2.processTestClass(Unknown Source)
at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.testing.worker.TestWorker.processTestClass(TestWorker.java:109)
at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:35)
at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:24)
at org.gradle.messaging.remote.internal.hub.MessageHub$Handler.run(MessageHub.java:364)
at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ExecutorPolicy$CatchAndRecordFailures.onExecute(ExecutorPolicy.java:54)
at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.StoppableExecutorImpl$1.run(StoppableExecutorImpl.java:40)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW windows may only be created on the main thread.
at org.lwjgl.glfw.EventLoop$OffScreen.<clinit>(EventLoop.java:39)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:06:19 by vertex78 »

Offline Cornix

Re: Creating GLFW window within JUnit Test
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:01:10 »
I am not too knowledgeable about JUnit, but it might very well be that JUnit runs some extra threads in the background. For this reason your test code will not be executed on the first thread and thus fail. You should definitely find some more information about the JUnit threading model online if you do a little research.

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
Re: Creating GLFW window within JUnit Test
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:31:32 »
You could also try Configuration.GLFW_CHECK_THREAD0.set(false); (or launch the JVM with -Dorg.lwjgl.glfw.checkThread0=false). This will disable the check and you won't get that exception (but you may get a crash, depending on what your tests are doing).