Hello Guest

Xcode, Mac Installation Issues

• 3 Replies
Xcode, Mac Installation Issues
« on: May 05, 2007, 08:13:08 »
I've been through the forums and this issue was posted a while back but the topic never found a solution.  Everyone ended up suggesting the user switch to Eclipse instead of trying to get the LWJGL to work with Xcode.  Now I'm throwing the line out there in hopes of a real solution.

I downloaded the LWJGL, unzipped it, downloaded the DisplayTest source, and started a new project.  Then I went to targets and added the libraries and the JAR files to the "Link Binary with Libraries" section.  I then built and ran the application and got this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayTest

I have to be missing something when it comes to linking the libraries...  Any helpful ideas?

Re: Xcode, Mac Installation Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:34:09 »
I did some more diving and the issues seem to be the items in the native folder.  I get the same message when I exclude them from the setup so I'm assuming I am putting them in the wrong place?  I'm new to this sort of thing.. I'm trying to branch out of web development and this is my attempt to get past command line applications

Offline Matzon

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 16:04:01 »
I just tried getting xcode and lwjgl running. I got it to compile by adding the Jars - but I couldn't get tit to run. The IDE is just anything but logical :(

I'm sure it works fine, if you know how to make it include libs properly, but alas, I couldn't figure it out.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 11:32:02 »
(...)
I downloaded the LWJGL, unzipped it, downloaded the DisplayTest source, and started a new project.  Then I went to targets and added the libraries and the JAR files to the "Link Binary with Libraries" section.  I then built and ran the application and got this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayTest

I have to be missing something when it comes to linking the libraries...  Any helpful ideas?
NoClassDefFoundError means no class has been found in your classpath, hence you must have to define again what is the classpath you're using. either open the .plist and scroll-down to the Java arguments properties where it can be specified a class-path. Here's Java VM .plist entries documentation page : http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Java/Conceptual/JavaPropVMInfoRef/Articles/JavaDictionaryInfo.plistKeys.html
AND Do not forget that Xcode is a multiple integrated developing environment  ("multi-IDE") and so the dependencies are quite often to be updated, hence try a "clean all targets" each time you modify your classpath properties. ;) ;) ;) ;)