Hello Guest

Any projects need help?

• 3 Replies
Any projects need help?
« on: April 26, 2007, 14:28:28 »
Hi all,

I'm an experienced Java EE/SE developer looking for a fun project to work on (prefer open source).  I've done a lot of network coding in Java (select and thread) as well as Swing GUIs on top of all the JSF/EJB3 app server work I do.  I've played quite a bit with pygame, and plain OpenGL in C, so I'm familiar with the concepts behind lwjgl, though I haven't worked with it a lot.  I'd rather join an active (well organized!) team, than start a project on my own that likely won't be of interest to anybody else, plus I don't have any great ideas for a new project at this time anyway.

So if your project is looking for an experienced (8+ years) coder, please drop a line here or send me an email.  I can also post a link to my resume or my open source software page here, but I don't want to seem spammy, so again, post or email if you want to see it.

Thanks!
Mike

Offline Matzon

Re: Any projects need help?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:54:08 »
We don't enlist people as such. People usually mention that they want to fix some deficiency or update some stuff and then they provide a patch or something like that. Eventually they get granted commit access (usually happens fast).
So the best thing you could do, is look at some stuff in LWJGL that is either missing or is buggy. Then fix that, supply a patch and we'll take it from there.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 13:34:02 »
Hi,

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, I was looking for game projects that needed help - not LWJGL as such.

Thanks,
Mike

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 11:44:11 »
Hi,

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, I was looking for game projects that needed help - not LWJGL as such.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi!
Are you still available for such help ? I'm looking for someone to port on Linux.