Hello Guest

problem using lwjgl

• 6 Replies

Anonymous

problem using lwjgl
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:52:05 »
Hi i installed and tested to see if lwjgl was working and it is .What i need is to use it to load 3ds models into java and opengl programa but from and i have lwjgl_demoModel but i dont know how to put everything working i will use lwjgl for my virtuality project for my last year but first i need to test it to see if it loads the 3ds models like i want to and from there i can start my work
Thanks very much for time and attention any help is much apreciated

Offline CaseyB

problem using lwjgl
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 14:09:27 »
Are you looking to load static models or animated?  If you just want to load a static model them you can export the model as an obj file and elias444 has written a very nice loader for them!!

Anonymous

problem using lwjgl
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 15:32:50 »
hi tks for tyour time
is like that i need to model the inside of an airplane but i need to do it as realistic as i can so i would like to know if i can load more than one model and if its possible i would like to able to import a static and then animate it in opengl do u think that is possible
tks very much

Offline CaseyB

problem using lwjgl
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 15:54:00 »
Importing a model and animating it is absolutely possible, But obj's are best for static models, so they would be perfect for the insode of a plane.  I don't know how to do the animation stuff, but I am sure that someone here can help you out!

Anonymous

problem using lwjgl
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 16:06:35 »
is like that the animation i will need to do might be some other people inside the airplane and maybe taxing the plane in an environment is that possible to do? if u dont mind i use messenger alf3299@hotmail.com and we could speak better
tks

Offline CaseyB

problem using lwjgl
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 18:12:23 »
I don't have messenger here at work, but thta is absolutely possible!  I, unfortunately have no idea how to do it!  That's one of the things I am working on myself!

Anonymous

problem using lwjgl
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 11:35:07 »
Hi again
anyway i need to continue what i am doing and after i see what is possible to do do u know i can speak with  elias444  for him to help me with the library to import .obj pleass
cheers