Hello Guest

LWJGL Wiki

• 39 Replies
Re: LWJGL Wiki
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 03:49:24 »
Currently, only admins can delete images and image revisions, so I couldn't delete the first version of my NetBeans1.png file.
cool story, bro

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 08:24:17 »
At least the owner/uploader of the image should be able to modify/delete it. Or we only allow external image linking.

Offline kappa

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 11:54:07 »
wiki just got hit by a spammer named Hearme, hope this doesn't become a common occurance.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 12:55:35 »
I played a bit with the layout of our main page. Please judge the first try. It is the first idea i came up with. Long floating lists of content isn't that nice to read after all. So i put them a little more together.

We might need to define the maximum width of such layouts to provide a good usability :)

// edit: To give the source of the idea a home: http://wiki.delphigl.com/index.php/Hauptseite
Very neat and organized, but took them even more effort.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 13:43:06 by Evil-Devil »

Offline kappa

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 13:43:27 »
I played a bit with the layout of our main page. Please judge the first try. It is the first idea i came up with. Long floating lists of content isn't that nice to read after all. So i put them a little more together.

We might need to define the maximum width of such layouts to provide a good usability :)

OMG what have you done, you've destroyed the beautiful wiki! (just kidding :))

It'll probably end up looking nicer then the old page and make better use of the space then the long page. However what does look odd is the 'Tests' heading, you should move that below the 'Tutorials' heading. Since the tutorial heading is expected to get longer its best it remains on its own with tutorials listed in two columns. Other then that nice job.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 13:46:45 by kappa »

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 13:53:15 »
Yea ;) I'm still testing and reworking it while by spare time in the office *cough*

I took a look at the source of their wiki and the "test" is just a table. For the tutorial we should not display the whole list at all on the main page. A single page which will have them listed with a short teaser would be the best i guess. As for spacing and colors I'll stick to the logo and eye adjusted spaced.

Offline kappa

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 14:04:06 »
ok, try not to go too radical on the redesign :)

some ppl actually prefer seeing all the information on one page rather then navigating back and forward to other pages, we should wait a little until we have more stuff before creating more index pages.

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 14:15:07 »
Ok, I'll think about a way to get them all in.

Offline Matzon

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 14:24:14 »
the color coding stuff looks pretty neat and generally color coding our stuff could improve layout and overview a lot.

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 16:05:41 »
So, the first "neat" version is done. Next will be some nice color.

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 10:31:26 »
THose spammers were annoying. Is it possible to harden the captcha? Or do they use china ppl for adding their spam and not bots?
Or we have to change the new wiki user policy :(

Offline kappa

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 11:12:29 »
its likely human spammers.

We'll probably have to change to manual activation of wiki accounts by an admin upon request on the forum or irc channel.

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 11:24:06 »
Or we try to connect the forum accounts with the wiki. Maybe there is a plugin for that. Will have a look for.

Then we actually only have to delete the current ones. Maybe i could help with?

Offline Matzon

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 12:32:25 »
to be honest, I think that the account-per-request will work the best.

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 09:14:42 »
A small remark regarding the wiki page "LWJGL use in Maven":

I think you should both display the new and older ways to do it (before/after 2.8 ), since some people still need to work with LWJGL 2.7.X (the latest Slick release for instance seems not to work with 2.8).
Well, I found the old version of the page in the history, but others might not know about it!

Thanks