All new and improved lwjgl.org!

Started by Matzon, March 28, 2004, 20:24:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Matzon

Yeah, baby - thats right - new site online. Please bitch whine and moan here...

I would like to say that more documentation is scheduled - but that would just be repeating what we're always saying  :roll: however some of us are aware of the problem - it's just not the most fun thing to do...

BUT - fear not, for we are certain that there are many people out there that are more than willing to help out by writing tutorials.........

Mercilor

Yay!

BTW, though, www.lwjgl.org is still the old site.

edit: Oh, and on the faq page, your links to the questions are broken. You need to change your anchors from <a name="#2"></a> to <a name="2"></a> (or change your links to "faq.php##2").

Matzon

cfmdobbie

Yaaargh!  Red text on dark gray background - mein eyes! ;)  Seriously, that really f*cks up a CRT's beam - it can't switch intensity fast enough and makes things really hard to read.

Aside from that minor colour gripe, I see no broken links and there are lots of pointers to further info (in the absence of info itself).  You need a snazzy logo, but that's about it!

JOOI, are you intending to get nightly builds set up at any point?
ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.

Matzon

Quote from: "cfmdobbie"Yaaargh!  Red text on dark gray background - mein eyes! ;)  Seriously, that really f*cks up a CRT's beam - it can't switch intensity fast enough and makes things really hard to read.
Hmm - crap monitor? - my crt (19" iiYama) works fine!
Though the red color is not set in stone - it was just a color to break the grey/black/white. It can be any other color - suggestions taken...

Quote from: "cfmdobbie"You need a snazzy logo, but that's about it!
yeah, though it loads fast right now ;)

Quote from: "cfmdobbie"
JOOI, are you intending to get nightly builds set up at any point?
It's not on my plan, but we do have access to the SourceForge compile farm - it would only be a question of fixing some scripts for win32 I think. I might look at it sometime soon. Even sooner if someone has any experience with setting CF up.

Morgrog

Looks simple and neat, I like it :)

llewmason

Just so you know, the new site renders _really_ badly under Safari on Mac OS X.

The menus and title doesn't render properly.
They grey background doesn't appear and the red text.. isn't..

Matzon

Quote from: "llewmason"Just so you know, the new site renders _really_ badly under Safari on Mac OS X.

The menus and title doesn't render properly.
They grey background doesn't appear and the red text.. isn't..
Looks as expected on Safari 1.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.3 ... I don't have access to any other version of Safari.

FWIW, lwjgl.org uses "advanced" css which might fail on older browsers, and indeed internet explorer doesn't even render the topic on a page in red, since it doesn't support the first-child css selector. But I can live with that. The only way to fix rendering on older Safari browsers is to make another layout using tables, which I have no plans on doing - unless enough people bugger me...

cfmdobbie

ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.

Mojomonkey

Checked with Safari 1.2.1 and Mac OS 10.3.3 (as well), renders fine on that as well. Perhaps you need to update Safari?
ever send a man to do a monkey's work.

llewmason

I tried again tonight.

Must have been some wierd caching issue.
I saw the new page last night, but it didn't render properly.

Renders fine now.