Hello Guest

I Found some nice sprites but need more...

• 1 Replies
« on: March 22, 2004, 23:28:49 »
Hi

Hi, I'm new here and I hope to make some friends and maybe get some help from time to time as well as help others:-). Anyway, I just wanted to say that me and two other people are working on a game together (we still hav'nt decided on a name for it) but it will probably end up being a side-scroller w/ multiple levels in the style of Donkey Kong or Mario Bros. We are currently about 1/3 finished with the plot, theme, etc.

I was able to locate a pretty large variety of decent sprites over at spriteworks.com last night and the sprites are supposed to be "royalty free" (which is obviously a good thing - and they give you free access to lots of sound effects, textures and some tools, etc) but we would like to have a few other sprite packs before we really get too deep into the actual programming of this thing. We are looking for anything that could be used in a side scroller but it would be nice to have other sprites as well in case we want to work on another game in the future.

Thank's in advance for any help or advice you can give me/us!.

Joe

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 23:32:27 »
http://www.vrkar.net/aw/awlinks.html

That link is pretty nice for finding lots of game development items for the graphically impaired like my self. It just lists several other sites that host things you're looking for. A few of the links don't work and it takes some looking, but there's some good stuff to be found. I use mostly 3d stuff so haven't looked through the sprite sites.