Hello Guest

[CLOSED] Blank screen when leaving fullscreen exit on Windows7

• 3 Replies
Hello,

When I leave the fullscreen mode for a window mode my screen goes black, the game seems to work inside a window, but I cannot see anything on the screen except the mouse pointer. Keyboard input is processed though. This happends even for the official demo of the fullscreen using OpenGL http://lwjgl.org/webstart/demo.php/test.opengl.FullScreenWindowedTest

Here's my context: Windows7 64bit, ATI Radeon HD 5450, driver version 8.850.0.0

Other people have reported the blank screen when exiting full screen mode on Ubuntu, but this issue does not be something related to the OS.
See the topic I'm referring here http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php?topic=4663.0

Found a solution in the end to overcome this issue by altering the properties of the launcher - Compatibility tab / Check on the  Disable Desktop Composition.

I would need for the full screen toggle to work properly without any manual intervention from the user.

Best Regards,
Marius

Offline princec

• Puppygames
Re: [BUG] Blank screen when leaving fullscreen exit on Windows7
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 20:34:16 »
You should know that the particular ATI chipset you've got there and its associated drivers are basically shit. It is the source of countless pointless bug reports which the LWJGL development team are entirely powerless to fix.

Cas :)

Re: [BUG] Blank screen when leaving fullscreen on Windows7
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 20:43:53 »
That's a perfect answer if I would only like to play Minecraft. However my plan is to develop a game using LWJGL and I cannot provide this sort of answer to the game publisher.

Offline princec

• Puppygames
Re: [BUG] Blank screen when leaving fullscreen exit on Windows7
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 23:58:24 »
Yes, you can. I speak from experience. That particular chipset is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Or: if I can make a million dollars from LWJGL games that don't work properly on that chipset then so can you.

Cas :)