ControllerCreationTest demo systematically reboots my comp

Started by Morgrog, January 13, 2004, 03:27:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgrog

When I reach the full screen mode of the ControllerCreationTest demo, my computer systemagically reboots.

I dunno if anyone else experienced this, or if this is a known problem

The reboot occurs when the demo reaches its fullscreen mode.  I dunno if there are any logs I can send you guys to help you pinpoint the problem :/

I'm using
java version "1.4.2_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_02-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_02-b03, mixed mode)

on windowsXP, with an ATI 9600xt, AMD Athlon 2400+, and a usb dual action Logitech gamepad (yes, the cheap one) :)

So, am I the only one getting this weird behavior? :|

Matzon

Whoa!
This might be something weird in LWJGL, or not - but it should never reboot your system! Drivers must be at work here.
The only thing we can do is create a log that you can send back, so that we may determine what exactly is causing this issue.

I'll be contacting you tonight, CET.

In the mean time, could you send me any 'hs_err_pidXXXX.log' logs to me?

princec

Logitech are reknowned for shitbag drivers. Check for an update if you can. You might well need USB driver updates for your motherboard too. There's no way we should be able to reboot your computer just by attempting to open a gamepad device in DX.

Cas :)

Morgrog

hmmm, I'll try and repro the problem...

Also I'll try with other demos, but I think it's only the ControllerCreationTest

I'll also update the controller driver, I'll check for mobo usb driver too

I'll keep you updated, hopefully I can help making lwjgl better than it already is, or you can make my computer better than it already is :mrgreen:

I dunno if there is an hs_err_pid thingy, I'll check tonight (at work currently, sigh)