Hello Guest

[FIXED] xRandR and dual screens

• 21 Replies
Re: xRandR and dual screens
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 10:01:59 »
I was under the impression that using  AWT (as in the setParent way) didn't really support true dual full screen?

Or do you mean build dual+ monitor support from the AWT discovery api?
If you want a plot read a book and leave Hollywood out of it.

Offline ryanm

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 11:59:30 »
I think possibly the best official way to really support multimonitors is to use AWT which already has a pretty comprehensive display configuration API. LWJGL's Display is really designed for lightweight simplicity and aims for the common case of one simple display.

Cas :)

Unfortunately, AWT's display mode discovery on linux is a bit shit.

Offline kappa

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 12:03:22 »
I think possibly the best official way to really support multimonitors is to use AWT which already has a pretty comprehensive display configuration API. LWJGL's Display is really designed for lightweight simplicity and aims for the common case of one simple display.

hmm, I'd have to say this wouldn't (or shouldn't) require any API changes. The simple Display should just work regardless of which monitor its on otherwise IMO its a bug with LWJGL. In theory we shouldn't have to do anything to get this working as it should be handled by the OS. I'm guessing we are creating/destroying Display in some non-standard way which causes the problems with mutliple monitors on windows and linux (above patch should fix it for linux though :))

Multiple monitors are becoming more common nowadays anyway with more and more video cards having multiple video outputs.

Offline Matzon

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 08:10:54 »
Right, I will be adding this soonish - unless I get any complaints.

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 16:01:07 »

hmm, I'd have to say this wouldn't (or shouldn't) require any API changes. The simple Display should just work regardless of which monitor its on otherwise IMO its a bug with LWJGL. In theory we shouldn't have to do anything to get this working as it should be handled by the OS. I'm guessing we are creating/destroying Display in some non-standard way which causes the problems with mutliple monitors on windows and linux (above patch should fix it for linux though :))

Multiple monitors are becoming more common nowadays anyway with more and more video cards having multiple video outputs.
Yes, that would explain ones wallet loosing its weight.

Offline kappa

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 11:54:30 »
ohh nice, just noticed that the patch is now in the LWJGL nightly builds. Good stuff.

ryanm thx for the nice patch.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:56:01 by javalwjgl »

Offline ryanm

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 12:22:32 »
<updates, removes -DLWJGL_DISABLE_XRANDR=true from run configurations, admires doc/CREDITS>
Scratching your own itch FTW! Cheers for including it Matzon!