Hello Guest

Where is GLU in LWJGL2.0?

• 14 Replies
Where is GLU in LWJGL2.0?
« on: September 16, 2008, 20:54:47 »
Okay, I'm a complete noob and I just started using LWJGL. So much for introductions.

I downloaded LWJGL and started following some online tutorials, but when I get to the part where I'd like to change perspective using gluPerspective I can't seem to find that function nor org.lwjgl.util.glu.GLU where the doc says that it's located...

Help is much appreciated. Perhaps I should use LWJGL 1.1.4 but I can't seem to find that either now. Only 2.0 is available on SF.

Lars

Re: Where is GLU in LWJGL2.0?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 10:09:45 »
Thanks! Apparently, I'm not good at navigating SF (although it should be easier). It works with LWJGL 1.1.4, but still doesn't find org.lwjgl.opengl.glu or org.lwjgl.util.glu or whatever it should be if I'm using LWJGL 2.0.

Lars

Offline Matzon

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:44:27 »
hmm, might be a packaging issue - I'll check the issue tonight CEST

Offline Matzon

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 16:03:46 »
its in the lwjgl_util.jar file

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 16:10:17 »
its in the lwjgl_util.jar file

Okay, that's great :) Uh, but what does that really mean for a schmuck like me? Which package do I have to "import", I mean?

Meanwhile I'm just using 1.1.4 which works fine (but obviously it would be nice to switch to the latest version sooner or later).

Lars
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 16:15:10 by Lars »

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 17:27:26 »
You need to import the lwjgl_util.jar file:

Code: [Select]
import org.lwjgl.util.glu.GLU;

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 09:50:02 »

Gee, thanks for the advice. That's exactly what my first post says that _doesn't_ work. So the actual questions was, where is GLU in LWJGL 2.0?

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 11:30:04 »

Gee, thanks for the advice. That's exactly what my first post says that _doesn't_ work. So the actual questions was, where is GLU in LWJGL 2.0?

And the actual answer is, it's in lwjgl_uitl.jar in the package org.lwjgl.util.glu. lwjgl_util.jar is part of the 2.0rc2 bundle, so you most likely have it. If the compiler isn't finding any classes from that jar, then the first thing to make sure the jar is on your classpath.

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 16:21:28 »
Thanks, but I think I've done that. I'm using Eclipse and I've added the LWJGL jar's to

Project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries

Like previously mentioned, it works perfectly well for LWJGL 1.1.4, but not for LWJGL 2.0 rc2 (or rc1).

My question was: In LWJGL, how come Eclipse won't find org.lwjgl.util or anything in it, but it finds everything else, like org.lwjgl.opengl, org.lwjgl.openal, etc?

Since it works in LWJGL 1.1.4, clearly I'm doing things correctly in Eclipse (i.e. the jar's are on the classpath and, needless to say, I'm importing them).

Offline Matzon

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 17:49:42 »
please triple check, and then double check that lwjgl_util.jar is on the classpath.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 17:44:44 »
please triple check, and then double check that lwjgl_util.jar is on the classpath.

Hi,

I am using JME2 with the last version of FengGUI which uses lwjgl 2.x. But I still get an exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/opengl/glu/GLU

I added lwjgl_util.jar and lwjgl.jar to classpath. But it's like it still searches for GLU in lwjgl.jar and not in lwjgl_util.jar. I found about this problem here: http://www.fenggui.org/forum/index.php?topic=534.msg2487#msg2487 but I can't find build.xml in order to modify it. Any ideas?

Thank you!

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 17:59:51 »
Never mind, I tried this version http://www.core-dump.ch/upload/incomming/FengGUI.jar and it works fine!

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 17:07:40 »
The Issue that this person is having is that they don't have LWJGL_Utils.jar Where can they (and I) find this jar?

A download would be nice.

Offline abcdef

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 05:26:43 »
Why are you replying to a thread that is 6 years old??? If you knew anything about lwjgl version 2 you would know that all those jars are included in any download of the API. Lwjgl version 3 is a complete rewrite and anything in this post is not related (GLU is not supported).