Hello Guest

UnsatisfiedLinkError on MacOS

• 5 Replies
UnsatisfiedLinkError on MacOS
« on: February 25, 2008, 15:14:22 »
Hi all,

when I just downloaded LWJGL and tried to run one of the test programs (on MacOS 10.5 with Apple Java 1.6 beta), I got the following error message:

Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/alex/Downloads/lwjgl-1.1.4/native/macos/liblwjgl.jnilib:
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
(etc.)

Notice that Java does find the liblwjgl.jnilib file: It doesn't say "couldn't find liblwjgl.jnilib" as it would if the java.library.path hadn't been set correctly.

This problem only occurs when I use Apple Java 1.6 beta. Whenever I use Java 1.5, LWJGL seems to run properly. On the other hand, attempts to run the demo with SoyLatte crash with the following error:

Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.LinkageError: Unknown platform: Darwin
        at org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil.getPlatform(LWJGLUtil.java:291)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.createImplementation(Sys.java:111)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:100)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:111)
(etc.)

I'm posting this here primarily so people who are confused by the same error messages will know to use Java 1.5 for now. But if LWJGL could be made to work on some version of Java 1.6 that runs on the Mac at some point, that would be awesome too.

- Alexander

Offline Matzon

Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError on MacOS
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 19:02:19 »
Java 1.6 isn't supported on mac. The problem is that Java 1.6 on Mac is 64bit only. We have managed to get it to compile, but we wont officially support this until 1.6 has been released.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 01:47:03 »
I see that Java 6 has been officially released, though still only 64bit. Any idea what this will mean for JWJGL compatibility?

Offline Matzon

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 06:44:47 »
2.0 beta should work on java 6 / mac.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 11:10:55 »
hi all,

as far as i have gathered from quicktime for java groups, both JNI and QT support are NOT functional in java 6

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 14:36:16 »
It appears to be working fine for me.  :-\
=-=-=-=-=-======-=-=-=-=-=-
http://www.tommytwisters.com