Hello Guest

Javadoc support

• 2 Replies
Javadoc support
« on: October 21, 2005, 17:45:26 »
As I'm trying to learn how to use LWJGL for a project, I'm finding the supplied Javadocs severely lacking.  Is there a plan in the near future to improve the state of this?  Or is it open to submission from anyone willing to donate their time?  I'd be willing to help out on this, as it would be a great learning experience for me as I learn LWJGL and OpenGL, but I don't want to waste anyone's time by duplicating effort.

Thanks!

Offline Matzon

Javadoc support
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 18:50:55 »
we will not import the OpenGL manual into the javadoc simply because its available elsewhere and more importantly - the IDE's simple can't cope with all the data!!
UlfJack tried embedding man files - and it was really neat, but the IDEs became totally slugish.

Javadoc support
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 19:23:47 »
I wasn't so much trying to suggest adding the entire OpenGL manual into the javadoc, just some 1 or 2 sentence descriptions of each method/member variable.  It would be much more handy to have a quick reference in the javadoc or in Eclipse, instead of having to hunt through the OpenGL books.  I don't see this task becoming too daunting, just some work that can be done over a span of time.  Like I said, I wouldn't mind taking it upon myself to do some of this work.  

Conversely, if you want me to drop the subject, just tell me and I'll go home with my tail between my legs  :wink: