LWJGL Donation - Plea for help

Started by Matzon, September 16, 2004, 05:33:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Matzon

As some of you know, we are having some trouble with PayPal. We have now run out of options, and are looking for someone to help out. We have been unable to transfer the money from the Paypal account to our bank accounts (neither me, nor elias have been successfull).

We are looking for someone to accept the donation money. Once received that person will make an international payment to Elias (which is doing the port).

We would prefer an american since the account is in dollars and would therefore not incur a currency conversion loss when transferring the money from Paypal. However if need be, we may be forced to use another currency. The most important part though, is that you have successfully transferred money from your paypal account to your bank account.

princec

I think it works fine for me. <edit>Oh no it doesn't, just remembered. f*cksticks.

Cas :)

Java Cool Dude

I might be able to help you guys out, is Western Union any good for you?

the2bears

I would be happy to help out here if I can, I'm in NJ.

edit: I didn't read the whole thing:(  Haven't successfully transferred money from Paypal to my account.  Still willing to help and try if needed.

Bill
the2bears - the indie shmup blog

Matzon

Quote from: "Java Cool Dude"I might be able to help you guys out, is Western Union any good for you?
Preferably not - just checked the prices of western union - DAMN it's expensive!
Isn't there another way to wire money?

elias

I don't get it. Why is Western Union needed for a regular money transfer? My local bank does international transfers through IBAN or SWIFT numbers, costing me a few dollars in fee. Surely the US banks are able to do the same?

- elias

the2bears

The American banks are way behind in this I think.  Heck, in Canada you can send payment to someone in an email!  And when I was in Taiwan transferring was very common and could be done at an ATM for free (to other Taiwanese banks).

Bill
the2bears - the indie shmup blog

napier

In New York city I have wired money to Germany using SWIFT number, for a $25 flat fee.
penGL/Java/LWJGL demos and code: http://potatoland.org/code/gl

PlanetMongo

Paypal charges me fees, but if you're okay with that, let me see if my recent transfers (been eBaying some old games) went through and I'll definately consider it.

Is this what you guys want:
Transfer money to my paypal (costs money?), then I withdraw from bank when it clears, take it down to the post office, get money changed into international US Dollar money orders, and then international Priority mail that?  Or???
ife sucks, kill yourself.

Matzon

Quotetake it down to the post office, get money changed into international US Dollar money orders, and then international Priority mail that? Or???
uhm, I don't know how you guys do it - but usually I would just get the iban/swift account number and then send it directly via the bank ?

cfmdobbie

Quote from: "Matzon"
Quotetake it down to the post office, get money changed into international US Dollar money orders, and then international Priority mail that? Or???
uhm, I don't know how you guys do it - but usually I would just get the iban/swift account number and then send it directly via the bank ?

Heh, those wacky Yanks - still dealing with paper money after all these years. :D

More seriously, you should be able to use SWIFT from a US bank.  Might need to ask the cashier, as it's not the kind of thing they really expect you to do!
ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.

PlanetMongo

Just curious, don't you have an option to Withdraw funds with one of the options being "Send me a check"?

princec

PlanetMongo

Well, it seems that my last transfer went through and I've got one more pending, if I don't have any issues, I'll be willing to do it.  Let me go by my bank today, though, and ask about doing a SWIFT transfer.

Paypal will charge me a %, though (it looks like around 3%), so keep that in mind