Hello Guest

Help!

• 7 Replies
Help!
« on: February 23, 2005, 18:25:42 »
hi, i've downloaded lwjgl just 2 days ago, and i've some problems.
i have  installed  correctly the jar files, my Jbuilder compile and run correctly all application.
The problem is that when i use the examples in Wiki tutorial, when the program starts the InitGL() method, the Window blocks its execution and, opening the task manager, i see that the process   javac.exe  is using the 99% of the CPU.
I think that is a  video card problem, but i'm not sure ....can someone help me?

PS: My video card is a Kyro Prophet 4500 64MB.The video drivers are the latest version, my S.O is Win2K professional, I use  JDK 1.42 and java3Dsdk 1.31

Thanks

Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 12:51:13 »
Grab the NeHe lessons from http://members.rogers.com/mark.bernard/.  They are all pre-compiled.  See if they work.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)

Help!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 17:02:16 »
ok tks, but now the problem is that when i run , for example, Lesson007 or higher, the Window is created successfully , but after 1 millisecond it close. I've tried to compile Lesson07 with Jbuilder9 enterprise, and all is ok: the devil libraries are linked , the program run but  the window close after few istant. In the debugger the message is:  "Process finished with error code 128", but there are no comiling and linking error . I've tried also to copy the bitmap NeHe.bmp in all the directory of the project , but still not work.

Sorry....maybe the solution is simple, but i'm a neewbie....   :D

Help!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 11:42:20 »
i've discovered the trouble,but i can't explain why....
The compiling, linking and running are ok.
The window is created succesfully in NeHe Lesson from 1 to 5, but from the 6 to the last ( WHERE DEVIL IS CALLED) this windows crash giving no apparent reason in the debug.
I've tried to isolate the IL.create statement in   init() method in Lesson07 and, :shock: , the windows shows me a non-texturized white cube rotating.

I have to think that there's something wrong with the IL initialization? Why?Can i resolve this bug, or i have to use the simple TextureLoader class of spaceInvaders?

hmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 14:01:31 »
do you have the DEVIL dlls in the right place (or have them at all)?
I don't think LWJGL comes with DEVIL (probably wrong about this  :roll: )

EDIT: You would think I could remember things like this  :lol:
EDIT again: I was wrong  :oops:  DEVIL is included
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

Help!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 16:32:22 »
I have these ddl:

devil.dll
ilu.dll
ilut.dll
lwjgl.dll
lwjglaudio.dll
lwjgl-devil.dll
lwjgl-fmod3 .dll

i've made several copies in all my java sdk classpath, in projext path, in /bin , /lib and /lib/ext  directory, but the problem remain....
Something's wrong? I've missed some dll?

I remember you that there's no compiling or linking errors, the window run , but after few istant it close...thanks for the aid :D

Help!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 16:44:38 »
I have these ddl:

devil.dll
ilu.dll
ilut.dll
lwjgl.dll
lwjglaudio.dll
lwjgl-devil.dll
lwjgl-fmod3 .dll

i've made several copies in all my java sdk classpath, in projext path, in /bin , /lib and /lib/ext  directory, but the problem remain....
Something's wrong? I've missed some dll?

Help!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 18:07:58 »
Set the property "java.library.path" to point to the directory where all the dlls are located.

eg.
java -Djava.library.path=c:\dlldir Lesson06
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)