Beta testing: My LWJGL + Java2D Game Engine

Started by Role, February 02, 2005, 09:42:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Role

Guess it's not polite if I don't show my works here after I been helped by the LWJGL team here... :)
So my graphics engine porting to LWJGL has been done, and passed the alpha test (comprehensive test by me), and now the status is beta test.

This is the working game using Java2D + LWJGL + JOGL :
http://goldenstudios.or.id/products/games/bin/robosick.jnlp

If everything fine then time to release it :D
PS: the game and game engine is for 2D games only
for anyone would like to utilize the power of OpenGL either by LWJGL or JOGL can try out my game engine, you won't be disappointed, guarantee ;)
D Java Game Engine
GTGE  Website | GTGE Forum

Funkapotamus

Server keeps timing out.  Too much stress?

Role

Sorry my site is down AGAIN!

Got to complain to my site hosting provider right now!
D Java Game Engine

whome

Nice game and I like the second level where you must hurry upward to avoid sinking into the void. Reminds me of the Nintendo SuperDonkeyKong game.

kaltenbach

Two issues I encountered when starting the game under Mac OS X:

(a) could not run with LWJGL, got the following error message (window):

--- Game Initialization ---

Your machine does not support OpenGL via LWJGL!
 Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path
 Fail back to Java2D Graphics Engine.

(b) FPS is always shown (bottom left of screen); if you set 'Show FPS' in options, then it is shown twice (top left as well)

Sound and first impression are very nice!

P.S. Is there a way to include attachments/images/screen shots with postings?

Role

whome, is this just coincidence or you are the same person with new member in my forum? The name is exactly same  :?

Ups sorry, my mistake!
I forgot to sign the native lib for Mac OS X LWJGL :oops:
How about the JOGL? Is it running fine? I'm afraid that I'm not only not signing the lib but also packing wrong file in the lib, I never working with Mac OS X before.

kaltenbach, the actual game is not showing the fps, so there is option to show fps.

I have updated the game and has signed the lib for MacOS, please try it out again.
http://goldenstudios.or.id/products/games/bin/robosick.jnlp

And try this out for another example of Java2D + LWJGL + JOGL game :
http://goldenstudios.or.id/products/games/bin/demorpgsick.jnlp

PS: if you have played the game before please remove the application first from the Java Web Start to remove the cache
D Java Game Engine

CaptainJester

Good game.

One thing that seems strange to me is that you move a lot slower when your jet pack is on.  It just doesn't make sense.  At the very least you should move the same speed.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)

princec

Yeah, that's always bugged the hell out me me, and it completely ruins it :( Fixitfixitfixitfixit!

Cas :)

Role

Well, that's the gameplay! :D
If I set the robo flying fast when using jetpack, then everything would be soooo easy.
That's make the difficulty of the game, so you won't that easy completing the game :P
Just think as the jetpack as an olddd type jetpack and the robo is very heavy, so the jetpack can't lift the robo faster than that :D
D Java Game Engine

princec

Also think of it as it sucks and everyone hates it :P

Cas :)

CaptainJester

Quote from: "Role"Well, that's the gameplay! :D
If I set the robo flying fast when using jetpack, then everything would be soooo easy.
That's make the difficulty of the game, so you won't that easy completing the game :P
Just think as the jetpack as an olddd type jetpack and the robo is very heavy, so the jetpack can't lift the robo faster than that :D

That is fine, but it doesn't make sense that if I am running, then jump and hit the jetpack that I would all of a sudden slow down.  I should at least keep going the same speed.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)