LWJGL Icon Contest

Started by Matzon, January 02, 2005, 10:29:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Matzon

I was talking to Mac_System (doing an audio player using lwjgl-fmod) and he mentioned that he might look into doing a "powered by lwjgl" type of icon. We like this idea so much that we think we should have a small contest to make the best lwjgl icon.

The icon could say:
- Powered by LWJGL
- LWJGL Powered
- Using LWJGL

or just simply 'LWJGL'  - Thats up to you.

The size of the icon should be similar to the OpenAL/OpenGL/java.net/SourceForge icons in the bottom left of the lwjgl.org site. That is around 90x50 pixels. It may also be in other sizes, however it should scale properly to the mentioned size, so we can put it on the site.

Once we have received a fair amount of contributions we will organize a poll, where you have to vote on the best icon.

All submissions should be sent to the following address: info@lwjgl.org

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

princec

Matzon

sure - everybody can enter :)

Chman

Does LWJGL have an official logo ? Or is it just a plain text logo like the one on the main page ?

Chman

Matzon

No official logo - if someone comes up with a neat logo too - that'd be cool!

Fool Running

I think this is a good idea.  I'm almost to the point where I want a "powered by" type of logo for my game engine.  :)  (too bad I'm not an artist  :roll: )
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

indiana

Thats gonna be fun, can't wait to begin ...  8)

blah

If someone (matzon?) would like to login to JGF and post this as a newsitem then I'll approve it and it should appear on the front page when the site goes live next week...

...um, and if ther's anything broken with news submission I'd really like to know NOW before we go live :)

princec

For some reason I can't see JGO... just times out waiting for a response from the server. But Matzon can see it fine.

Cas :)

blah

You mean JGF? :).

Damn. Could you try doing the usual (traceroute if the host is found, dig if not)? It's loading fine for me, and I configured the DNS server myself so - in theory - it ought not to have any problems (I've been doing this stuff for > 6 years so I would hope I knew what I was doing by now...)

Anyway, Matzon's submission went through fine, and it's now on the news page of the preview site.

Now, just need to do something to fix the butt-ugliness of the news CSS...

princec

Pings fine to 213.88.244.247. Site still does nothing.

Cas :)

elias

Probably caused by that weirdo Opera browser Cas is using. Oddlabs.com rendered a blank screen on it the first time we showed it to him. Can't remember what caused it though.

- elias

blah

FYI: it's an evil evil evil scum-of-the-earth "popup ad and offensive site blocker" he has installed.

Consign them all to hell!

(the same people who allegedly blocked a site because it had an image whose filename started with the letters A and D and a hyphen. Oh how mind-numbingly stupid can you get?)

</rant>

Catharsis

So where is that "powered by LWJGL" logo!?! I want... :)
ounder & Lead Developer; EGR Software
http://www.egrsoftware.com/

Matzon

None decided yet. Waiting for more entries - only gotten 3-4 :/