I am playing around with Gamepads and I have a hard time getting the GLFW gamepad support running. With one controller I have lying around I am getting weird results after calling the glfwGetGamepadState.method.
Here are some facts:
* glfwJoystickPresent returns true for the controller
* glfwJoystickIsGamepad returns true also
* glfwGetJoystickName is "NEXT SNES Controller"
* glfwGetGamepadName is also "NEXT SNES Controller"
* glfwGetJoystickGUID is "030000001008000001e5000000000000"
* glfwGetGamepadState returns true
* My version of LWJGL is: lwjgl-stable-2018-06-05 (LWJGL 3.1.7 SNAPSHOT build 8 )
* The controller works perfectly with other games and emulators. All buttons are correctly identified and read.
Here is the problem:
GLFW correctly identifies and reads the buttons A, B, X, Y, Left Bumper, Start, Back, Right D-PAD and Down D-PAD.
The Right Bumper is not found at all and the Up and Left D-Pad values are inverted!
Left D-Pad is always registered as being "pressed" unless I actually press the button in which case it will "released". The same applies to Up D-Pad.
The Right Bumper is never pressed (as reported by glfwGetGamepadState) no matter what I do. However, it can be found with the low-level glfwGetJoystickButtons method!
What should I do about this? What CAN I do?
I would much prefer to use the high-level glfwGetGamepadState methods rather than re-invent the wheel.
Thanks for any help!