Hello Guest

PhysX

• 6 Replies
PhysX
« on: November 19, 2017, 15:06:24 »
there is a way to use PhysX of NVidia on the vertex shader?

Re: PhysX
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 14:09:45 »
Isn't Phyx just an independent API created by NVIDIA? I have never used it but I think it just delegates the physics calculations to the GPU but you still need to use opengl to do the drawing as you normally would.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 12:06:54 »
PhysX is an independent api that does not support java. I think that there are some java bindings but they are horribly outdated and abandoned. Plus you will experience major platform incompatibility. It just does not make sense to use that api with java. There is jBullet (probably the best physics api for java) but it has limited functionality and is currently unfinished and abandoned. (still good and more than useable as you can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF9uhquspn0 )
Building a vulkan rendering engine for fun! :D

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 15:27:28 »
anyone know any good collision lib whit examples? 

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 15:47:49 »

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 15:57:56 »
but is not updated

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 16:04:11 »
As I said it is more than useable. It will most likely do all you need unless you are doing something that is really based on complex physics. There is nothing better (trust me I tried every single option) and if that is not good enough than your 2 options are intensively learn about physics and 3d transformations and write your own multithreaded physics algorithm or you can simplify your project to fit the capabilities of jbullet.