Hello Guest

Demo Game

• 7 Replies
Demo Game
« on: July 26, 2004, 20:12:53 »
I'm playing around with the SpaceInvader Demo. Is the copy in the CVS still compatible with the newest version of lwjgl? I cannot get it working and and don't want to waste any time if most of the features in it is not availabel in lwjgl 0.9...
 put the 'laughter' back in 'slaughter'
The LWJGL Wiki Documenation

Offline Matzon

Demo Game
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 20:32:56 »
Elias has been changing a lot of stuff the past couple of days - stuff might be broken... It worked a couple of days ago though :)

- just updated to newest, everything works fine on my box - anonymous cvs might take up to 24 hours to update though...

Demo Game
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 05:58:06 »
Quote from: "Matzon"
Elias has been changing a lot of stuff the past couple of days - stuff might be broken... It worked a couple of days ago though :)

- just updated to newest, everything works fine on my box - anonymous cvs might take up to 24 hours to update though...
Ok, I was using the 0.9 download bundle from the download section and not the latest cvs copy... maybe that's where the problem was. Display.setFullScreen and more did not exist in the lwjgl version I had... I'll check it out after work...

Demo Game
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 21:26:04 »
Do I have to do a complete build of everything (both native and java) inorder to use the latest version of lwjgl or are there win32 nightlies?

Offline Matzon

Demo Game
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 05:54:09 »
Yes. This can be done using the platform_build/win32_ms_cmdline very easily - you just have to download a slew of SDK's to do so :/
There is a guideline on the site: <edit> hmm can't find it... oh well, download the sdks, edit the bat files to point to the correct locations, run it.

Elias has posted some new builds - search for his posts

Demo Game
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 07:58:52 »
Do you have the links to all of those SDKs? I really think that it would be helpful for any newbie (like myself) to just go through a couple of links and then install the SDKs... It might also broaden the use of lwjgl as it becomes much easier to get up and running in the beginning...

Offline elias

• http://oddlabs.com
Demo Game
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 08:07:50 »
Here's my original post:

http://puppygames.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=555

It's not really meant for "newbies" to compile everything themselves. In any case, my latest unofficial build is here:

http://odense.kollegienet.dk/~naur/lwjgl-20040726-2.zip

0.91 is out soon with all the new stuff.

- elias

Demo Game
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 08:43:18 »
Great! That's exactly the links I was looking for :)