Hello Guest

Download LWJGL with Safari

• 2 Replies

Offline Obsyd

Download LWJGL with Safari
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:39:32 »
Hello there!

For a while now I have not been able to download my customised nightly version of LWJGL with Safari. (OSX 10.12.3)
When I click the DOWNLOAD ZIP button the zip generates but the download won't start. Everything is fine if I use Google Chrome!

Thanks!

Offline CoDi

Re: Download LWJGL with Safari
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:50:59 »
I can confirm. The developer console output:

Code: [Select]
[Error] Failed to load resource: Frame load interrupted (blob:https://www.lwjgl.org/afdaa10e-f68c-4302-8195-e624789f2077, line 0)

Re: Download LWJGL with Safari
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 18:14:25 »
Safari has a bug with client-side generated downloads. For that reason custom builds for Safari were disabled for a while. However, because the next version is solving the problem (Safari nightly should already work) we've decided to remove browser-sniffing code entirely. This also resulted in huge simplification of the UI code.

Fortunately, the problem only affects custom ZIP downloads. @Obsyd I'm sure they never worked for Safari, the customization interface was completely disabled. You could only download the full release in a pre-generated ZIP file.

If you still wish to download a bundle in ZIP form via Safari, the only option is to download it from GitHub.