LWJGL 3.1.1 Eclipse setup

Started by Exempt, January 15, 2017, 17:44:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Exempt

I've been trying to changes from lwjgl2 to lwjgl3.1.1 but I'm doing something wrong. Most tutorials I've found use older versions of lwjgl so they aren't setup with separate folders for each module of lwjgl. Is it required that I remove all the modules I want to use and place them inside my own folder(which is what I did)? Even after that I still get error when use import static...

What is the correct way to setup lwjgl3.1.1 with Eclipse?

Quote[LWJGL] Failed to load a library. Possible solutions:
   a) Set -Djava.library.path or -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath to the directory that contains the shared libraries.
   b) Add the JAR(s) containing the shared libraries to the classpath.
[LWJGL] Enable debug mode with -Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true for better diagnostics.
[LWJGL] Enable the SharedLibraryLoader debug mode with -Dorg.lwjgl.util.DebugLoader=true for better diagnostics.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate library: lwjgl.dll
   at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:123)
   at org.lwjgl.system.Library.<clinit>(Library.java:53)
   at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryAccessJNI.<clinit>(MemoryAccessJNI.java:13)
   at org.lwjgl.system.Pointer.<clinit>(Pointer.java:22)
   at org.lwjgl.system.Platform.mapLibraryNameBundled(Platform.java:76)
   at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.<clinit>(GLFW.java:566)
   at Main.main(Main.java:7)

Kai

The LWJGL 3 Wiki is always a good place to find information. In your case, see this.

Exempt

I should have mentioned I've already tried that but perhaps I will try again. thanks.

Kai

Make sure you follow each step very literally. For example
Quoteselect all *.jar files which do not have -javadoc or -sources in their names. Make sure you don't forget the lwjgl-natives-<os>.jar file, and click 'Open'.
really does mean selecting all jar files except for those with javadoc and sources in their name. So you must also select the jar files with 'natives' in their name.

Exempt

So, I figured out my problem after going back thru all that, non of the .jars actually saved to the LWJGL3 library when I set it up the first time. Thanks for the help. ::)