OpenCL.dll not found in system paths

Started by tomera, January 01, 2017, 22:28:58

Previous topic - Next topic

tomera

I tried to run OpenCL code and I got this error:

[LWJGL] Version: 3.1.1 build 16
[LWJGL] 	 OS: Windows 10 v10.0
[LWJGL] 	JRE: 1.8.0_111 amd64
[LWJGL] 	JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM v25.111-b14 by Oracle Corporation
[LWJGL] Loading library (system): lwjgl
[LWJGL] 	Found at: C:\Users\IMZYZZ~1\AppData\Local\Temp\lwjglImZyzzBrah\3.1.1-build-16\lwjgl.dll
[LWJGL] 	Loaded from org.lwjgl.librarypath: C:\Users\IMZYZZ~1\AppData\Local\Temp\lwjglImZyzzBrah\3.1.1-build-16\lwjgl.dll
[LWJGL] MemoryUtil accessor: MemoryAccessorUnsafe
[LWJGL] Loading library: OpenCL
[LWJGL] 	OpenCL.dll not found in org.lwjgl.librarypath=C:\Users\IMZYZZ~1\AppData\Local\Temp\lwjglImZyzzBrah\3.1.1-build-16
[LWJGL] 	OpenCL.dll not found in java.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_111/bin/server;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_111/bin;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_111/lib/amd64;c:\programdata\oracle\java\javapath;c:\windows\system32;c:\windows;c:\windows\system32\wbem;c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\;c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin;c:\program files\microsoft dnx\dnvm\;c:\program files\microsoft sql server\120\tools\binn\;c:\program files (x86)\windows kits\10\windows performance toolkit\;c:\program files (x86)\nodejs\;c:\program files (x86)\skype\phone\;c:\program files (x86)\easeus\todo backup\bin;c:\program files\java\jdk1.8.0_66\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Users\ImZyzzBrah\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Users\ImZyzzBrah\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32;C:\Users\ImZyzzBrah\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32\Scripts;C:\Users\ImZyzzBrah\Desktop;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;C:\Users\ImZyzzBrah\eclipse;;.
[LWJGL] 	OpenCL.dll not found in system paths
[LWJGL] Failed to load a library. Possible solutions:
	a) Set -Djava.library.path or -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath to the directory that contains the shared libraries.
	b) Add the JAR(s) containing the shared libraries to the classpath.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate library: OpenCL.dll
	at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadNative(Library.java:207)
	at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadNative(Library.java:251)
	at org.lwjgl.opencl.CL.create(CL.java:54)
	at org.lwjgl.opencl.CL.<clinit>(CL.java:43)
	at org.lwjgl.opencl.CL10.nclGetPlatformIDs(CL10.java:394)
	at org.lwjgl.opencl.CL10.clGetPlatformIDs(CL10.java:417)
	at gpu.Laplace2D.main(Laplace2D.java:85)

The HelloWorld code does work. Its seems like OpenCL.dll is missing I also tried to search him in the jars and didnt find.
The same jars work on other PC, so I guess its there somewhere but windows/eclipse canot find him.

spasi

OpenCL.dll is not provided by LWJGL. It is usually installed by GPU drivers and other OpenCL runtimes (e.g. the Intel SDK for OpenCL). The interesting line in the above output is:

OpenCL.dll not found in system paths

This means there's no OpenCL runtime installed on that system.

tomera

Ok, thanks. Maybe the error can be more informative about this by the error I thought the problem is with my jars.

[LWJGL] Failed to load a library. Possible solutions:
    a) Set -Djava.library.path or -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath to the directory that contains the shared libraries.
    b) Add the JAR(s) containing the shared libraries to the classpath.

spasi

You make a good point, although technically the message LWJGL prints is not wrong.

spasi

The error message has been improved in LWJGL 3.1.2 build #2. Thanks!