OS X port status?

Started by PlanetMongo, June 12, 2003, 19:00:45

Previous topic - Next topic

patrox

What CVS client do you use ?

I'm not at all into the geekomania so it has to be simple ( i don't know how to launch the command line  :oops: )
Is there anything like Tortoise CVS for mac os X ?

pat.

DCoder

Quote from: "patrox"What CVS client do you use ?

I'm not at all into the geekomania so it has to be simple ( i don't know how to launch the command line  :oops: )
Is there anything like Tortoise CVS for mac os X ?

Uh-oh. I'm not going to be of much help here -- I'm a command-line snob. You might find something that works for you at the hyperjeff archive.

-daniel
here are 10 types of people in this world...
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

patrox

Well what would be neat is that you just send me the list of functions to fill.
I fill them, i sent them back to you amd you compile the stuff.

We can do it progressively, a function a day keeps the doctor away.

I don't know PB,  I use CW for all dev ( pc, mac and sometimes java )
pat.

elias

You might want to know that Matzon is getting me a G4 in a few days.

From there I will do absolutely whatever it takes to complete the port, but I have no Mac experience whatsoever. So helping me out with whatever questions I have would be extremely helpful. Any chance I can bug any of you per IM or email?

- elias

patrox

I added you to my icq and msn list.

Ready to port captain !

I think i have most of the code except for the joystick and buffering part, but i guess we'll still be able to run a prototype without that as a started, that would already be a great step for fluffy kind.

pat.

elias

Right now I'm trying to figure out the wonders of automake/autoconf. With luck I can use that knowledge to enable gcc for win32 compilation some time in the future. Visual Studio is not exactly the platform of choice for a linux geek like me.

- elias

DCoder

Quote from: "elias"Right now I'm trying to figure out the wonders of automake/autoconf.

Check out http://puppygames.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=104. This has a diff for a change to the automake system that would make command line compiles start to work a little better...

-daniel
here are 10 types of people in this world...
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

PlanetMongo

Just a question:  Any word yet?  :)  I know one of you guys got a mac awhile back and was wondering what the new status is?  Thanks!

(I don't even have a mac (yet), but am planning on grabbing one soon).
ife sucks, kill yourself.

elias

I got the "pleasure" of borrowing it. And of today, the port is stuck :/. I have a choice of not supporting JWS or live with key presses generate beeps. Now I'm hoping for good stuff in 10.3. If someone is willing to help, it would be great!

- elias