Hello Guest

How to setup latest version of LWJGL in Eclipse IDE?

• 6 Replies
How to setup latest version of LWJGL in Eclipse IDE?
« on: December 18, 2016, 21:01:58 »
A year ago, I understood how to setup LWJGL in a project in Eclipse IDE. Now LWJGL has a lot of changes and another file structure. I downloaded the latest release, LWJGL 3.1.0 build 40. From the official site.

There's also a page explaining how to get started. But it does not help me to setup it in Eclipse. When I extract the downloaded zip file, I only get jar files (and txt licences). I see nowadays there are no dll natives for a specific operating system.

In stead of that, I see jars like lwjgl-glfw-natives-windows.jar. I expect this are now the files that were previously used as the dll's.

Can someone explain me how to set it all up correctly?

Re: How to setup latest version of LWJGL in Eclipse IDE?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 06:06:11 »
You are right about the natives jar files replacing the dll's. LWJGL 3 has a mechanism to automatically extract the correct dlls (or other natives on other OSes) form the jar files. I have no experience with using eclipse, but you might find this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/LWJGL/comments/5i9mrg/would_love_a_guide_eclipse/db7ujht/ helpful.  If this works for you, could you please tell me, so I can add it to the wiki.

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 13:39:44 »
The recently updated LWJGL 3 wiki contains an installation guide. Specific instructions for Eclipse are not available (contributions welcome), but the information is generic enough to be applicable to any IDE.

Kai

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 14:50:46 »
The LWJGL 3 Wiki now contains a step-by-step description of how to add LWJGL 3 to an/every Eclipse project using Eclipse User Libraries:
https://github.com/LWJGL/lwjgl3-wiki/wiki/1.2.-Install#eclipse

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 14:59:44 »
Okay thanks! I've set it up all successfully.
But I'm missing the lwjgl util library for classes like Vector3f etc.
How can I also get this working?

Offline kappa

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 15:20:26 »
The old LWJGL math classes are no longer maintained or part of LWJGL3, have a read of this blog post.

JOML is also available as an addon option on the LWJGL Download page.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 15:23:31 by kappa »

Kai

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 17:59:16 »
Also have a look at this JOML Wiki entry for migrating from LWJGL 2's util vector package to JOML.