Hello Guest

Need help at setting up LWJGL

• 2 Replies
Need help at setting up LWJGL
« on: September 27, 2016, 16:00:00 »
Hello,

I am working since hours, but my LWJGL under Ubuntu 16.04 will not run. :-( I have downloaded the Version 2.9.3 with the package manager. I am using IntelliJ for programming. When I want to compile the example from this page http://wiki.lwjgl.org/wiki/Setting_Up_LWJGL_with_IntelliJ_IDEA, I am getting the following error:

Code: [Select]

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl64 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1867)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)
at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:87)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:117)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:135)
at com.company.Main.<init>(Main.java:10)
at com.company.Main.main(Main.java:24)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:147)

lwjgl64 is missing, ok, but where do i get this file from? I have downloaded the LWJGL from the official page but this file is not there... can someone tell me what I should do now??? The Example on the mentioned page is only for Windows... :-(

THX!!! :-)

Kai

Re: Need help at setting up LWJGL
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 18:40:05 »
When you download LWJGL 2.9.3 from sourceforge.net there is a "native/" folder containing the respective native libraries for each platform/OS. Just choose your platform and set java.library.path to that directory.

Besides that: If you are just starting a new LWJGL project, you should _definitely_ use LWJGL 3 from here.
(choose "Nightly - Bleeding edge, possibly broken")
Despite of the name "possibly broken" it is very stable and likely less broken than the "Release" or the "Stable" versions.
And you will always be up to date with cool new libraries, such as bgfx (soon). :)

Re: Need help at setting up LWJGL
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 21:03:24 »
COOOL!!! THX FOR YOUR HELP!!!  :) :) :) :)

Good night,
bl