Hello Guest

What is wrong with the code?

• 5 Replies
What is wrong with the code?
« on: July 02, 2016, 15:06:33 »
This is a really amateur question, but what is wrong with my code?, the code provided on the lwjgl website doesn't work either. Same exception errors. I installed the lwjgl lib exactly as it was written in the website.

Anyone who has had the same issue?

Kai

Re: What is wrong with the code?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 15:27:51 »
the code provided on the lwjgl website doesn't work either. Same exception errors.
That is not possible. The code provided on the lwjgl.org/guide site does check for window==NULL. So it cannot be the same exception. Please be precise with your statements. Which _exact_ error are you getting for the example on the lwjgl.org/guide site and which _exact_ error output?
You also removed any checks and error logging in your code, so it is not possible to diagnose what could be the problem.
Also please start the JVM with the VM argument "-Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true":
under Eclipse menu "Run" -> "Run Configurations..." -> choose your run configuration -> goto tab "Arguments" -> enter "-Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true" into the field "VM arguments:" (without the quotes) and post the full and complete syserr/sysout output.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 15:31:43 »
the code provided on the lwjgl website doesn't work either. Same exception errors.
That is not possible. The code provided on the lwjgl.org/guide site does check for window==NULL. So it cannot be the same exception. Please be precise with your statements. Which _exact_ error are you getting for the example on the lwjgl.org/guide site and which _exact_ error output?
You also removed any checks and error logging in your code, so it is not possible to diagnose what could be the problem.
Also please start the JVM with the VM argument "-Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true":
under Eclipse menu "Run" -> "Run Configurations..." -> choose your run configuration -> goto tab "Arguments" -> enter "-Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true" into the field "VM arguments:" (without the quotes) and post the full and complete syserr/sysout output.

same errors"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.lwjgl.system.Checks.checkPointer(Checks.java:103)
   at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwShowWindow(GLFW.java:2207)
   at Main.<init>(Main.java:11)
   at Main.main(Main.java:15)

Kai

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 15:35:36 »
Yes, thank you. I say again: Please run the code from the lwjgl.org/guide site with the mentioned VM argument and provide the syserr/sysout output.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 15:41:40 »
Right. I can see that it's a Open-GL / GPU && Drivers Issue thing.

It says OpenGL version is not supported.

So I guess my OpenGL version is too low to be supported by LWJGL and GLFW;
Since GLView says my driver only supports up to 2.1.

Anywho, thanks a lot for your help, and time.

Kai

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 15:43:29 »
It says for the code on the lwjgl.org/guide site, that your OpenGL version is too old/not supported? That should not be possible.
The example is OpenGL 1.1 compatible. Very strange. Did you install the latest drivers for your graphics card?
And I ask yet again: Can you _please_ provide the exact syserr/sysout output?