Hello Guest

[BUG] glfwSwapping 10000 intervals.

• 3 Replies
[BUG] glfwSwapping 10000 intervals.
« on: June 21, 2016, 17:41:36 »
I've got the latest verified build from the LWJGL site with the example that was provided in the "Get Started" section, I tried to compile it and run it, and it all worked just fine. But, the glfwSwapInterval(1) was there and I found that the loop and buffer swapping was done about one thousand times per second. I made a rotating quad, and the visual of that was awful, the thing was rotating blazingly fast.

So, my question is : Was glfwSwapInterval(1) supposed to allow only 60 loops to be done or have I just misunderstood everything?

My monitor = 60 Hz refresh rate.
Intel HD Graphics ( yea ) - supports 2.1.0 openGL ; Though the driver is updated.
Windows 7, 32bits.

*EDIT : I had made a .jar out of the rotating quad and I gave it to a friend, who said that the quad was rotating much slower. Given the fact that his CPU is better than mine, and I don't think either of us were killing our CPUs, I can safely say that the glfwSwapInterval performed as it should have on his PC. Also, he said his drivers are up-to-date and he has Intel HD Graphics 4000. So, I think this narrows it down to two possibilies : 1 ) Faulty setup on my end; 2 ) Bad driver or something similar.

Anyone got any ideas ?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 19:44:23 by Reddish »

Offline Cornix

Re: glfwSwapping 10000 intervals.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 18:04:36 »
You might have disabled VSync in your graphics card driver setting.

Re: glfwSwapping 10000 intervals.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 18:09:38 »
It isn't, I had checked it - checked it again, just now.

Re: [BUG] glfwSwapping 10000 intervals.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 07:32:17 »
So, since I posted this, time passed, yeah.

I recently changed to linux, with the same computer. I'm running some MESA intel drivers, I have the exact same hardware.

The bug is absolutely gone. It works perfectly. I checked that exact .jar I made for a friend to test, quite some time ago.

So, definitely, the drivers were shitty.