glClear() not working as expected.

Started by michael, June 21, 2016, 10:15:55

Previous topic - Next topic

michael

As mentioned in http://forum.lwjgl.org/index.php?topic=6251.0, the standard source code on the front page isn't working for me: the window appears but does not clear. Rendering anything else doesn't appear to work either. :-(

I've tried the nightly build, the standard build, and 3.0.0 (as suggested on the other thread) - none of these work either. I've got an Intel card on Ubuntu 14.04. Is there anything else I can try/debug? Thanks.

(starting a new thread as I don't want to hijack the other one - feel free to merge)

Kai

Did you try the 3.0.0b or 3.0.0a builds, like suggested by Spasi on the other thread?

michael

Hi Kai,

Duh. I downloaded 3.0.0, not 3.0.0{a,b}. 3.0.0b seems to work, thanks.
That said, what can I do about getting newer versions to work? Seems a bit odd to have to use a previous release.

Michael

spasi

Since the native GLFW 3.2 samples do not work either, this doesn't look related to LWJGL. You should open a GLFW issue and include as many details about your system as possible. Also mention that GLFW 3.1.2 works but 3.2 doesn't and what GLFW samples you used to test.

michael

Okay, thanks very much for the help! I'll open that GLFW issue at some point, though no rush at the moment as everything seems to be working with 3.0.0b (my programming aside...).