Hello Guest

Color "Glare"?

• 3 Replies
Color "Glare"?
« on: December 01, 2015, 23:53:56 »
Hello! Lemon here again..

http://imgur.com/42f1gSu

In this picture, there is a strange white "glare" on the left, and the right is just completely the opposite.

This imaginary line of "glare" follows if you move left or right, but it doesn't change angles. It seems to be spanning 180 degrees when the yaw rotation is at a value of 0.

Anybody know the reason why?
Thanks in advanced

Kai

Re: Color "Glare"?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 09:19:09 »
Both sides show simple GL_LINES rendering using simple vertex colors. The left side just seems to have backface culling disabled (so it appears more "white" in the distance because of higher vertex density) whereas the right side has it enabled.
There might also be alpha blending involved, but I'm not sure.

Also, the line of "glare" does not follow if I move my head left or right in front of the monitor. And I also don't see any difference when I rotate my head around. ;)

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 22:36:41 »
It doesn't seem to be the culling, as I tried modifying the values of glCullFace and enabling/disabling it.
I do use alpha values in the lines for testing purposes.

Here is my render code:

GL11.glPolygonMode(GL11.GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL11.GL_LINE);
GL11.glEnable(GL11.GL_BLEND);
GL11.glBlendFunc(GL11.GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL11.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
GL11.glEnable(GL11.GL_DEPTH_TEST);

GL20.glUseProgram(program.getId());

model.render();

GL20.glUseProgram(0);
GL11.glDisable(GL11.GL_DEPTH_TEST);
GL11.glDisable(GL11.GL_BLEND);

P.S. I could post the full code if needed ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:57:07 »
Hello! Lemon here again..

http://imgur.com/42f1gSu

In this picture, there is a strange white "glare" on the left, and the right is just completely the opposite.

This imaginary line of "glare" follows if you move left or right, but it doesn't change angles. It seems to be spanning 180 degrees when the yaw rotation is at a value of 0.

Anybody know the reason why?
Thanks in advanced
it's because you're looking at the right side of the things on the left and you're looking at the left side of the things on the right