display mode refresh

Started by bedelf, June 21, 2004, 01:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

bedelf

I notice when I set a fullscreen window it tosses some info out to the console like "Setting display mode to: 640 x 480 x 16 @144Hz"

Is there a way for me to choose the refresh I want? 144 is more than I need, and I think it's causing some issues with my monitor. :P

I'm still using 0.8 right now, haven't had time to do anything lately.

-ed

Also, when I do a Window.destroy(), does this cause me to have to reload textures?

Matzon

QuoteIs there a way for me to choose the refresh I want?
getAvailableDisplayModes gives you a list of DisplayModes that you can filter (for width, height, refreshrates etc.).

QuoteAlso, when I do a Window.destroy(), does this cause me to have to reload textures?
Yes, at the moment - we are thinking about ways to handle this...

bedelf

Ok, that first question was pretty stupid, I was pretty tired yesterday. :/

Another question about reloading textures though. Does Window.destroy() wipe them out? Do I have to unload what's in there and reload them? Or just reload tem since they are just gone? This doesnt really bother me, I'd just like to know which way it is so I'm not doing anything unessesary.

-ed

princec

Window.destroy() destroys the GL context and all its resources, textures included.

We're working on changing the API in this area so that Window no longer exists; there will just be a Display and you should be able to fiddle with it however you like without recreating anything.

Cas :)

indiana

Will "the old way" with the Window class still be available after your changes? I wrote a nice texture manager that reloads textures automatically after a window change, and probably I'd like to keep it this way in the next LWJGL versions. ;)

princec

Window will be dead and buried and all your code will be for naught :) I'll have to chuck out all my Alien Flux code that does the same too. And good riddance!

Cas :)

Fool Running

If Window is dead will there still be a way to create a window for debugging purposes :? or will we have to change our ways? :cry:
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

Matzon

Windowed mode is still there - it's just called a Display