Mouse Polling..

Started by Virum, June 04, 2004, 22:19:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Virum

I'm making a program (ironically NOT a game) but I need acurate mouse polling outside the Window (it's not a full screen app).

From my (limited) knowledge of LWJGL, I think that the Mouse class can do this, but I need to create a window first.  However, I won't be using that window.

Is there a way to create a mouse without a window, or disable the window so no RAM or CPU cycles are taken up?

Thanks!

Virum

princec

Currently, no, it's a bit of a shortcoming that our input APIs only work when the Window is created.

Cas :)

Virum

Do you know of any other solutions?  Or will I have to use C# (I assume that will support it)? :(

princec

Well, it's nothing to do with Java if that's what you mean... it's just that our input APIs were tied to the creation of the LWJGL Window. But there really isn't any need for this that I'm aware of in the Windows implementation. I think we might be able to disconnect the two by 1.0.

Virum

Quote from: "princec"Well, it's nothing to do with Java if that's what you mean... it's just that our input APIs were tied to the creation of the LWJGL Window. But there really isn't any need for this that I'm aware of in the Windows implementation. I think we might be able to disconnect the two by 1.0.

Ok, thanks Cas.   Do you know when LWJGL will go gold? (1.0)

princec

We were kind of hoping in time for JavaOne but we're nowhere near getting there as we're all really busy.

We've got a refactoring to do as well - we're collapsing Window and Display into a single class once more (like it was back in 0.1) and tidying up the way it works.

And then there's the Mac port.

And documentation.

Agh!