Display problems

Started by Phydeaux, June 03, 2004, 02:00:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Phydeaux

Hi , new person and all... anywhoo.

Whenever I run any program that attempts to use the lwjgl libraries, my display is stretched to about 2x the window width and the resolution is very, very low. Like about 320x480, except that I see about 320x240 of it.

I've run a few different programs and can't seem to find what is causing this problem. I don't get any errors. Just this weird display problem.

I wrote a little tester that spat out some info, here's the result:

Height x Width x Depth:
1152x864x32
Display Frequency: 70
Display Driver Version: 6.14.10.5672
System Platform: 0
System Display Driver String: nv4_disp
Availible Display Modes: [Lorg.lwjgl.DisplayMode;@1be2d65
ever doubt the nastiness inherent in all human beings.
1337 p053r!

Matzon

well, thats a weird one...I don't have any solutions, since I've never encountered such a weird bug before!

Could you try and print the displaymodes? (the 'Availible Display Modes: [Lorg.lwjgl.DisplayMode;@1be2d65' is an array, just iterate over it and print its actual values)

princec

My guess is that he just picks the first mode in the array :P

Cas :)

Fool Running

Could you paste the code you use (i.e. a short snipet of code that creates the error)?

Also, I notices you have an NVidia chipset.  There is an option (as I recall) in the display properties page that gives the option of (don't remember the exact wording  :lol: ) doubling the resolution that is specified in order to make the display smoother, or something like that.

I'll look at the exact wording when I get back from work  :wink:
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

Phydeaux

I found out what was wrong. Some conflict didn't like setting up an empty opengl window and resized the wrong thing (display instead of window).

I hadn't put anything in the window yet.
ever doubt the nastiness inherent in all human beings.
1337 p053r!

smitty1276

Do you remember exactly what you did? I'm having the exact same problem, unless I explicitly call Window.setDisplayMode() before creating the window.