[RFE/PR] Deploy to SonaType/Maven Central

Started by badlogic, June 24, 2015, 23:03:20

Previous topic - Next topic

badlogic

Hello again,

i released LWJGL 3.0.0a to Maven Central. I setup a little demo project that shows you how to use it with both Maven & Gradle. This demo project contains a class called ShaderLibraryLoader that i lifted from libGDX. It's responsible for loading the shared libs from the platform Jars.

Going forward, i'd have a few requests if i may:

• Please tag releases in Git. That way releases are reproducable
  • Please merge the build.gradle file from my PR into the master branch. That way i can setup a Jenkins build that publishes snapshots to SonaType on a nightly basis
  • Can i have access to the main repo? That way i can do all Maven/Gradle related things on my own without having to wait for you to merge them.

spasi

Quote from: badlogic on June 27, 2015, 12:18:28Please tag releases in Git. That way releases are reproducable

The 3.0.0a has been updated several times and I'm not sure tagging makes much sense right now. We're always adding new stuff. Releases will be tagged after 3.0, maybe the beta too. Otherwise, we'd need a better versioning scheme (e.g. similar to LibOVR).

Quote from: badlogic on June 27, 2015, 12:18:28Please merge the build.gradle file from my PR into the master branch. That way i can setup a Jenkins build that publishes snapshots to SonaType on a nightly basis

You don't have to do that. We already have a build server, I will add the publishing there.

Quote from: badlogic on June 27, 2015, 12:18:28Can i have access to the main repo? That way i can do all Maven/Gradle related things on my own without having to wait for you to merge them.

Please be patient for the gradle branch to be merged to master. I will add your scripts soon. If that work wasn't in progress, I would have merged your PRs already. In general, I usually respond to PRs immediately.

With that said, you may have heard about the situation in Greece. We'll have a referendum next week and everything looks like shit atm (more than it usually is anyway). We're starting to worry about our short-term survival and I may not be available in the next weeks. If it comes to that, I'll give you access (or kappa will).

badlogic

Terribly sorry, it didn't occur tp me that you are affected by the crisis. Didn't want to be pushy, just got excited i cam finally give back a little to LWJGL.

Ignore my ramblings, family and yourself first. No stress.

spasi

The PR has been merged and nightly builds now automatically publish snapshots to Sonatype. Thank you Mario for making it painless!

One request: could you please update the snapshot version mentioned in the demo project from 3.0.0a-SNAPSHOT to 3.0.0b-SNAPSHOT?

badlogic

Awesome! I'll update the demo project tomorrow.