Should I update to LWJGL 3

Started by Yuri6037, February 06, 2015, 07:43:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuri6037

Hello,

I'm making this topic not for any discussion about witch version is better, I'm just asking you is the LWJGL 3 working correctly ?

Because i'm interested in the new Display system witch now uses GLFW, a good C library for created OpenGL windows.

So, is all parts of the LWJGL 3 Working ? Including OpenGL 1.1, OpenGL 1.2, OpenAL 1.0 and OpenAL 1.1 ? Or is there some bugs ?

kappa

LWJGL3 works pretty well now (including OpenGL and OpenAL). The only downside is that it doesn't play well when mixing code with AWT on OS X but other than that it works pretty well.

Yuri6037

Can I grab the mouse like Mouse.setGrabbed(boolean) ? Can I change window icon ?

kappa

Quote from: Yuri6037 on February 06, 2015, 12:30:59
Can I grab the mouse like Mouse.setGrabbed(boolean) ? Can I change window icon ?
In LWJGL3 you can grab the mouse like Mouse.setGrabbed(boolean).

Changing the window icon is not yet available but I understand that this feature is coming soon in GLFW.

Yuri6037

Quote from: kappa on February 06, 2015, 12:43:19
Quote from: Yuri6037 on February 06, 2015, 12:30:59
In LWJGL3 you can grab the mouse like Mouse.setGrabbed(boolean).

Changing the window icon is not yet available but I understand that this feature is coming soon in GLFW.

But in waiting can you just make a workaround in C ? Because i want to switch to LWJGL 3 but i can't without this feature... Or have you any date at which you'll be able to implement icon changing ?