Using Space Invaders as a Packaging Example

Started by oparisy, December 29, 2014, 22:20:39

Previous topic - Next topic

oparisy

Hi,

I have assembled a gradle script aiming at packaging an LWJGL application as a standalone jar (or exe under Windows).

I have used the LWJGL "Space Invaders" example game as a sample application, since it is lightweight while retaining interesting features (resources loading, fullscreen).

I consider sharing the full project on github (including Space Invaders, with all due credit obviously), so as to provide a full-fledged sample.

Would that be acceptable? I understand the code licence to be permissive enough, but I would like to discuss this upfront with LWJGL owners.

Regards,
Olivier.

spasi

oparisy

Quote from: spasi on December 30, 2014, 13:44:52
Sure, that's OK.

Thank you.

Here is the github repository: https://github.com/oparisy/lwjgl-packaging.

The script and sample code are currently targeting LWJGL v2.9.2. I will upgrade the project to LWJGL 3 when an official release on Maven Central is available.

I am very interested by any feedback about this script, be it here or on github. It aims at being a no-brainer tool when the need arise to easily share a LWJGL application (in a Ludum Dare / Game jam setting, typically).

Regards,
Olivier.

spasi

Looks simple and clean, thanks! I always wanted to try Capsule, it's good to know that it works nicely with LWJGL.