Hello Guest

LWJGLX - LWJGL2 Compatibility Layer for LWJGL3

• 17 Replies

Offline kappa

Re: LWJGLX - LWJGL2 Compatibility Layer for LWJGL3
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 19:51:56 »
Hi Mickelukas, glad you found the library helpful, since the last update there have been a few API breakages in LWJGL3 which are causing the problems you are seeing, namely the one spasi mentions above and the one mentioned here.

I've now updated LWJGLX to work with the latest nightly builds of LWJGL3. The missing classes GLContext and ContextCapabilities can be found in the lwjglx package. I've also added several new helper methods/classes such as GL11x/GL15x to allow easy porting where method inputs have changed. However rather than implement the whole LWJGL2, I'm only adding methods and functionality as the need for them occurs (so many changed methods are not yet in the helper classes). If there are any methods you are using that are missing or no longer compatible in LWJGL3, let me know and I'll try add them to the helper classes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 23:23:29 by kappa »

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 23:20:14 »
Awesome, thanks :)

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 07:20:25 »
If there are any methods you are using that are missing or no longer compatible in LWJGL3, let me know and I'll try add them to the helper classes.

I grabbed a copy of the library and changed a few things around (like adding setFullscreen and a fullscreen flag as well as antialiasing and depth precision to the display.create/display.create(PixelFormat) class, fixed an issue where mousescroll/button reused the previous location of the mouse, causing the mouse cursor to jump around a bit when clicking, adding support for US International keyboards where you can create the letter รถ by first clicking " and then o). I couldn't commit the changes though as my adjustments were hacks that broke the backwards compatibility of the library, except for the mouse scroll/button fix, where I just added this on top:
lastxEvents[queue.getNextPos()] = xEvents[queue.getNextPos()] = latestX;
lastyEvents[queue.getNextPos()] = yEvents[queue.getNextPos()] = latestY;

Mike