LWJGL 3 - Missing math classes?

Started by j8a2b0e7, December 17, 2014, 02:27:36

Previous topic - Next topic

j8a2b0e7

Hi there.

I recently upgraded to LWJGL and maybe I misread something but the current release version is missing all of the math classes for me? I am thinkin Vector2f, Vector3f, Matrix4f etc.
Is this intentional? Will they return?

Thanks!

quew8

The maths package got nerfed in LWJGL3 to make it more of a light weight light weight game library.

You can use the source code from LWJGL2, write your own (a minimal vector maths library really isn't too much work) or there are plenty of Java maths libraries out there.

Zeroni

If you intend to use LWJGL 3.0 you will either need to create your own math utilities or use another library. I would recommend ra4king's utilities, which can be found here. Or, if you would rather you can use SHC's SilenceEngine which you can find here. I believe both of these are in development, so don't expect too much from them at the moment. That said, they are great resources, and I would highly recommend them.

Edit: Correction for SHC.
- Zeroni

SHC

Quote from: Zeroni on December 18, 2014, 01:31:31
[snip] Or, if you would rather you can use SHC's SilenceEngine (Immediate Mode) [snip]

Thanks @Zeroni for recommending my SilenceEngine, but my engine is not Immediate Mode, I use GL3.3 core profile for the entire engine.