Getting Started Issues

Started by d4n1, December 05, 2014, 04:43:59

Previous topic - Next topic

d4n1

I think there is an error with the getting started code.  Getting the latest build, it would seem that

import org.lwjgl.glfw.*;
import static org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.*;

needs to be changed to

import org.lwjgl.system.glfw.*;
import static org.lwjgl.system.glfw.GLFW.*;

Also, for some reason import static org.lwjgl.glfw.Callbacks.*; cannot be found, so any callbacks arent working for me with the demo code,

1.  Can someone confirm this to me.
2.  Concerning what happens AFTER you build LWJGL3, can you provide any documentation on how we can deploy LWJGL3 so that it resembles what a release version looks like (with appropriate jar files and disruptor, along with natives).  Is this process automated through a script, if so how is it used.

Thanks

--d4n1

d4n1

So the getting started code is for the nightly build #25, instead of the latest stable build, which is a bit weird...I would provide a getting started doc for those that are still using stable build.

spasi

I've been waiting for some feedback on the nightly build. If there are no objections until this afternoon, I will promote it to stable.

Sorry about the example code, but I can't afford to waste time on documenting every change going on right now (we're at a pre-alpha stage), until the first official release. My advice would be to explore the tests module in the LWJGL repository, it is always in sync with the latest changes.

edit: added a link to the tests on the website.

d4n1

Quote from: d4n1 on December 05, 2014, 04:58:16
So the getting started code is for the nightly build #25, instead of the latest stable build, which is a bit weird...I would provide a getting started doc for those that are still using stable build.

For those interested that did not know, ant release packages everything.