• 2 Replies
New Member, Learning
« on: September 24, 2014, 03:24:32 »

Offline ra4king

• I'm the King!
    • Roi's Website
Re: New Member, Learning
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:37:58 »
Hey vaironl, welcome to the LWJGL forum!

An excellent tutorial that I would recommend starting out with is the Arcsynthesis tutorial. It covers 3D development with OpenGL in C++. The C++ code has been ported to Java+LWJGL.

While going along, I highly recommend becoming familiar with the GL functions. The best way is to simply google the function name, and preferably choose the ones from 'opengl.org', not from 'khronos.org'.
In addition the OpenGL Wiki has even more excellent documentation on all areas of OpenGL for more perusing!

Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:40:46 by ra4king »
-Roi

Re: New Member, Learning
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 11:56:06 »
Hey vaironl, welcome to the LWJGL forum!

An excellent tutorial that I would recommend starting out with is the Arcsynthesis tutorial. It covers 3D development with OpenGL in C++. The C++ code has been ported to Java+LWJGL.

While going along, I highly recommend becoming familiar with the GL functions. The best way is to simply google the function name, and preferably choose the ones from 'opengl.org', not from 'khronos.org'.
In addition the OpenGL Wiki has even more excellent documentation on all areas of OpenGL for more perusing!

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for providing me with these resources ra4king. I had seen this tutorials in the LWJGL Wiki but got a bit overwhelmed when I saw it was in C++ (Obviously I didn't read enough to find out there were ports to java. This will help me quite a lot as it is a very complete series. I plan on first making an asteroids type of game and even that will take me quite a lot of time due to other life duties, but I'll post my progress as I go along.