Hello Guest

[BUG] Core dump on Radeon HD 8550G / Windows 8 / OpenGL 4.4 Compatibility/Debug

• 5 Replies
After recently updating my drivers to the latest version, my application started causing JVM core dumps on a call that causes an OpenGL error.

Core dump: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f6da804bb99ea731505a
Installed driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

Currently, I am initializing LWJGL with
Code: [Select]
Display.create(new PixelFormat(), new ContextAttribs().withDebug(true));changing this to
Display.create(new PixelFormat(), new ContextAttribs());fixes the core dumping issue, and the application works fine.

From what I can see, the crash only occurs if using KHRDebug - the vendor specific AMDDebugOutput works fine.

I'm using the LWJGL 2.9.1 on Maven.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 23:28:15 by inxen »

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
Does the crash happen only if an OpenGL error occurs? Or is it just random?

Confirmed only after an OpenGL error occurs. Updated the OP to state this as well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 23:28:43 by inxen »

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce this. Does the crash go away if you glEnable(GL_DEBUG_OUTPUT_SYNCHRONOUS)?

Enabling GL_DEBUG_OUTPUT_SYNCHRONOUS does not fix the issue - the core dump still occurs on a call that generates an OpenGL error. If it's of any help, I'm doing

glEnable(GL_DEBUG_OUTPUT_SYNCHRONOUS);
KHRDebug.glDebugMessageCallback(new KHRDebugCallback(new KHRDebugCallback.Handler() {
   @Override
   public void handleMessage(int source, int type, int id, int severity, String message) {
      System.err.println("It works!");
   }
}));

glEnable(GL_UNIFORM_BUFFER); // Offending call
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 19:51:37 by inxen »

Offline Cornix

Are you sure this bug is specific to lwjgl? Did you ever try reproducing this with C or C++ code?