Hello Guest

LWJGLApplet Loader Updating ClassPath Stop

• 0 Replies
LWJGLApplet Loader Updating ClassPath Stop
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:40:47 »
Hi!

First thanks for this great library!

I'm actually trying to publish my game on the Web via an applet. I followed all the tutorials that I found but cannot make it works. The applet loader correctly works until Updating Classpath. It stop at this precise moment. I'm under Linux Debian 3.2 with Iceweasel and IcedTea Plugin.

Here is my HTML Code.
Code: [Select]
<applet code="org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader" archive="lwjgl_util_applet.jar"
  codebase="." width="800" height="800">

<!-- The following tags are mandatory -->

<!-- Name of Applet, will be used as name of directory it is saved in, and will uniquely identify it in cache -->
    <param name="al_title" value="appletloadertest">

<!-- Main Applet Class -->
    <param name="al_main" value="gamjamtotoandco.GamjamTotoAndCo.class">

<!-- List of Jars to add to classpath -->
    <param name="al_jars" value="GamjamTotoAndCo.jar, lwjgl.jar, slick.jar">

<param name="al_windows" value="windows_natives.jar">
    <param name="al_linux" value="linux_natives.jar">
    <param name="al_mac" value="macosx_natives.jar">
    <param name="al_solaris" value="solaris_natives.jar">
    <param name="al_cache" value="false">
    <param name="al_debug" value="true">

<param name="separate_jvm" value="true">
  </applet>

My game use Slick2D. I tried several combinaison for al_jars but nothing works. I tried to create one unique jar with JarSplice tool, it stops again... I use normal configuration i can't get it working... With the example in the lwjgl_applet, it works fine...

Do you have any clue?

Here is the link if you want to test :
http://www.totoandco.eu/gamejam/toto/basicapplet.html

EDIT:

Ok I have finally found the mistakes: it was in the al_main parameter, there's no ".class"
  It was written in the console that i coudn't find a moment before. (For Linux user with iceweasel, to have the output of icedtea, just call your page with your console " iceweasel http://yourpage")

But now I have another mistake. It seems that my main Class cannot be cast to Applet... I actually thought that the Applet Loader was made to avoid any modification on the code... Can anyone tell me what I am suppose to do, please? Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:08:43 by Moonjava »