Hello Guest

Crash that I cant debug.

• 4 Replies
Crash that I cant debug.
« on: February 16, 2014, 13:27:18 »
Hello , working on my project I encounter a crash to windows. I'm digging the code but the error sometimes show sometimes not. The problem is - there is no correct way to identify the source of the problem, other way than guessing.

Here is a screenshot of exception thrown (it is an image because in that stupid windows there is no way to copy the text):

it also produces a log which looks like this:
http://pastebin.com/URUttCZt

I'm looking for an explanation but it's almost impossible to find. The best would be just to know what is actually wrong and how can I read such an error log. This creates a lot of mess especially in a relatively big system like mine (scene graph and other things, like GUI).

So if anybody has a solution or at least an advice or experienced something like that - I would be glad for help.

Offline matanui159

• KABOOM
Re: Crash that I cant debug.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 01:57:19 »
I once had a crash like this...
I forgot what the problem was...
If you gave me some code snippets, it would probably help...
ALGORITHM
A word used by programmers when they do not want to explain what they did.

WEE :)

Offline Cornix

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:45:57 »
I usually get these kinds of crashes when something about the buffers is wrong. Bad positions / limits when trying to read or write to VBO's or other data structures.

Offline abcdef

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 15:04:54 »
If you have a vertex buffer and you update it but have a larger data set than then you first created you could get JVM crashes. I have seen this myself

Offline quew8

• Because Square Eyes Look More Real
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 20:21:10 »
I agree with what has been said above but just a little note: if you are referring to the Command Prompt by
that stupid windows
then you can right click on the title bar in Command Prompt and go to the "Edit" sub menu where you will find all the useful edit functions.

And (not that I'm comparing Windows to Linux, I'm all for Linux but in the interests of giving credit where it is due) as far as I know this is actually more than you can do in all the Linux distros I've worked with. Sure you can pipe the output to a text file but you can do exactly the same in Windows.