Java Web Start Issues, LWJGL Natives

Started by RiverC, October 07, 2013, 16:43:00

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverC

Hey guys. I'm trying to web start a game demo using LWJGL 2.8.5. The jnlp file is here:

http://riverc.org/grack/log.jnlp

Looks like there is some kind of key signing problem, or something... I tried to duplicate the process I did for my previous demo (http://riverc.org/grown/gat.jnlp) but it has failed.

The main issue, I think, despite the fact that I can hardly get Java Web Start to tell me what the error is (I had to dig around to find the log file), is that I have the wrong versions of the lwjgl natives.

Since it was last year when I did the last demo, I don't recall exactly how I got the four files 'x_natives.jar' where x is an operating system name. (i.e, windows_natives.jar)

It is possible I made the jarfiles myself and then signed them, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, if anyone has a good tutorial for the whole process with reference to problems that might have arisen since I last did this, that would be welcome as well.

Either way, I tried to put the files the demo needed together in a single jar (System.jar) and specified both my extra library jar (slick.jar) and the correct version of lwjgl (2.8.5) and its extension.jnlp file.

Then I had to create a new cert, because the old one had expired. I may have to recreate my keystore because I used the wrong identity (wasn't sure how to check the keystore for which identities were present or whatnot; I was in a hurry, so that could be an issue too.)

Then I signed System.jar, slick.jar and the four x_natives.jar files. I made sure all of the references in the jnlp file were solid, and then uploaded them to the site.

However, I think the verification fails (for some reason) and whether that is because the natives don't match the lwjgl version (possible!) or because I cuffed up the signing process, I'm not sure. The error I get on this laptop is a null pointer exception trying to read the ini .properties file in the preprocessor. This could easily be because I was denied 'all permissions' and therefore cannot read or write to the file system.

On the other system I do testing on, I got an 'Invalid Key Usage' error before it even tried to download lwjgl... I'm not entirely certain if the errors are related but both systems are running Win7.

Does anyone know where to get the natives jars? Thanks.