Hello Guest

Simple Question

• 5 Replies
Simple Question
« on: August 17, 2005, 06:37:41 »
Hello i present me, i am a french student in programming.

I have a questions :

If I build a game with lwjgl and that i commercialize this. Am I obliged to pay à contribution to lwjgl ?

I am bad in english. Sorry  :wink:

Offline Matzon

Simple Question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 07:35:11 »
no - you are free to use it any way you see fit, providing you include the lwjgl license file somewhere in your distribution (and other relevant licenses)

Ofcourse we wouldn't mind you mentioning that its build on lwjgl :)

Simple Question
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 03:24:56 »
Don't forget though.  If you use the FMOD binding in LWJGL you have to get the proper license from the FMOD guys.

Offline Matzon

Simple Question
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 09:37:11 »
Quote from: "Funkapotamus"
Don't forget though.  If you use the FMOD binding in LWJGL you have to get the proper license from the FMOD guys.
unless it's freeware. Then fmod is free too

Re: Simple Question
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 06:23:13 »
Hello,
I'm a student from Austria (studying Game Engineering and Simulation Technology at Fachhochschule Technikum Wien) and I need to write a 3D game for a student's contest. Can I use the LWJGL 3 library for this and what about the license? Thank you.

Zach
My four semesters getting a master's degree  - my student's portfolio on RenderLumuss and game design workshops to writemyessaysonline

Offline KaiHH

Re: Simple Question
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 09:09:33 »
Can I use the LWJGL 3 library for this
Of course. You will be totally fine in doing that. :) You can use LWJGL for personal/private, educational, open-source and also commercial projects.
License information: https://www.lwjgl.org/license
So, if you redistribute any of LWJGL's source or binary artifacts, you should simply distribute a copy of that license as a text file along with it.
You are also very welcome to join the LWJGL Slack team, if you want, for any questions about LWJGL/OpenGL/etc.: http://slack.lwjgl.org/