Hello Guest

How to set up classpath, etc to build?

• 5 Replies
« on: March 22, 2004, 14:41:49 »
Just started out (using IDEA on OS X) with a demo app (TextureMapCubeL) and I placed lwjgl.jar into my classpath, but this leaves me with unfound symbols in some of the import statements.

For instance, in

import org.lwjgl.opengl.glu.GLU;
import org.lwjgl.opengl.Window;
import org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11;

the first import fails to find "glu"
and the third fails to find "GL11"

Are there other things I need to add to the classpath?
Should I be placing some gadgets (such as dylibs) into /System/some_danged_directory?

Thanks in advance... look forward to trying this out.

tone

Offline Matzon

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 15:23:26 »
The demo uses LWJGL 0.89 - get that one and everything should be peachy :)

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 15:33:32 »
Thanks for the tip.

It appears that 0.89 lacks native stuff for MacOSX ... it has them built for Linux and Win32.  Can two quick sentences describe how I should build them for MacOSX?

tone

Offline Matzon

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 16:08:20 »
nope - you'll have to wait a bit, since os x is a bit stale. If everything goes according to plan, I will have reliable access to an os x box tomorrow, and I will get it up to date as soon as possible!

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 16:39:33 »
Dang.  Well, I have had great trouble getting any of the various Java 3D APIs working nicely (and proving accessible and learnable by a coder unversed in game coding).  However, I am impressed by the mission statement at the Tribal Trouble site and trust that you are working to ensure that all platforms receive equitable treatment.

I'll suck it up and work on the Windows machine here for a bit and see if I can make heads or tails of what you're building for us.  Right off, I succeeeded in running a few demos on Windows... so much the better.  Now to look at the code itself!

tone

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 18:49:29 »
If you're desperate to work on MacOS X, download 0.8 instead.  The syntax is a bit different in places, but you'll be able to start working on your platform of choice, at least.

If you want the latest release and/or want to start off with something that more closely represents the "final" 1.0 syntax, yeah, you'll have to stick with Win32 or Linux for a couple of days.
ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.