[CLOSED] Visible mouse cursor in Minecraft

Started by Sworddragon, February 04, 2012, 10:44:10

Previous topic - Next topic

kappa

Agreed, we don't even know whether they use the LWJGL Mouse Grab API or some custom AWT solution. Last I heard (a few year back now) they were using AWT but its unknown whether its since been changed.

Sworddragon

In this case I don't understand why this bug happens in LWJGL 2.8.4 but not in LWJGL 2.8.1.

princec

Because Mojang haven't tested their code against 2.8.4, that's why.

Cas :)

Sworddragon

I have tested this again with LWJGL 2.9.0. The behavior of the bug has changed a little - it has now a ~95% reproducing chance. I'm wondering why this bug has a different behavior on different versions: 2.8.1 is working fine, 2.8.3+ has a ~10% reproducing chance and 2.9.0 has a ~95% reproducing chance.

In this case it is a disadvantage that Minecraft is not free. If somebody of you would be able to test this it would maybe easier to say if it is a Minecraft or LWJGL bug.

princec

Until someone makes a simple testcase to prove it, it's still Minecraft's problem. Indeed, until Minecraft is actually released with LWJGL 2.9.0... it's really nobody's business to speculate.

Cas :)

Sworddragon

Minecraft 1.6.1 is now out and officially uses LWJGL 2.9.0. The bug doesn't appear there anymore so I think this thread can be moved.

kappa

cool, thanks for following up and reporting that the problem is fixed.